My Chocolate Wrap/collar Wedding Cake! First Wedding!!

Decorating By Sarsi Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 6:26pm by Sarsi

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 22

AHHH!! I'm just so excited to be done with my first wedding cake, it feels so good to have one under my belt!! Thanks to everyone for your help with suggestions about how to transport it and stack it!! It was a little nerve wracking but, it worked out great!! I just have to show it off a little icon_redface.gif I'm so happy with it!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1296583

21 replies
MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 22

Great job. I love the cake

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 22

It looks great! well done.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 22

great job!!! YOu should be very proud of yourself!!!

Sarsi Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 22

Thanks guys!!! icon_smile.gif I'm so excited about it!! icon_smile.gif

Ldydesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ldydesignr Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 22

If that was your first wedding cake, can't wait to see you second!!
icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif You did a great job. I can see why you would get a job offer and orders. Doesn't it feel nice to attend the event and everyone know just how talented you are!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 22

Oh Sarsi... no wonder you haven't had time to hang out with us lately!! That is wonderful! It is elegant and decadent looking! I love the way the chocolate wrap turned out. You really SHOULD be proud of yourself! What did the bride say? I mean, after she fell into your arms bawling with joy and appreciation of course... and kissing your feet, you know... icon_lol.gif

Sarsi Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 22

OH thanks you guys!! Melvira, you are too funny!! She LOVED it!!! So did everyone at the reception!! We kinda stood around the cake table for a while just to hear what every one had to say, and people were just SHOCKED that was a cake!! Everyone was ecstatic about it!! Of course I saw the faults, but hey! don't mention them, and nobody knoooooowwwwws!! LOL...

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:23pm
post #9 of 22

Sarsi, your cake is stunning! What a fantastic job you did - can't believe it's your first wedding cake. I aspire to do something like that.

Melvira Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:23pm
post #10 of 22

Oh my gosh, that is SO fun!! I remember a wedding last summer ('07) where I was standing in the buffet line and the line passed right by the cake table of course. So I'm listening to this trail of comments, especially this group of women in front of me. And they're talking about it and essentially flipping out about how much they love it. I wasn't going to say one word... icon_rolleyes.gif Well it was all I could take when the one lady finally said, "I just HAVE to know where they got it! I wonder who did it!" I leaned forward and said, "Actually, I made it." Of course they thought I was kidding until I handed them my card. That was the nicest feeling because I knew these people weren't just being polite or nice to me. It was their genuine reaction with no knowledge that they were standing by the person who did it. That was especially nice because I never get to go to the weddings, you know?

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:31pm
post #11 of 22

GREAT JOB Sarsi! That is one beautiful cake, I can see why everyone loved it, I would too!

Sarsi Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:43pm
post #12 of 22

Melvira...It was the best when you hear about how great people think it is when the don't know your standing right there...I had people going up for second looks...and yes, I was keeping my eye on the cake table during the reception! LOL!!!

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:43pm
post #13 of 22

Wow! That is absolutely gorgeous! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Lisa

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 9:49pm
post #14 of 22

that is absolutly brilliant, i havnt worked with chocolate yet, ive just about mastered fondant!! great job!

Sarsi Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 2:57pm
post #15 of 22

Thank you everyone!! I love the wraps...they're really easy and yet people think one wrap takes you hours! LOL

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:15pm
post #16 of 22

Absolutely FABulous!!! I just may have to talk my daughter into letting me do this for her wedding cake in October!!

I can't believe this is your FIRST!!! icon_confused.gif Wow. That makes my first wedding cake look like it came from the slums. icon_lol.gif

Looking forward to seeing more of your fantastic work! thumbs_up.gif

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:30pm
post #17 of 22

It's beautiful and elegant what more could any bride ask for? You did a simply amazing job.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 3:43pm
post #18 of 22

Wow! that is gorgeuos. You have done a brilliant job! icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:23pm
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarsi

Thank you everyone!! I love the wraps...they're really easy and yet people think one wrap takes you hours! LOL

Um, what you actually meant to say was, "They are incredibly tedious and time consuming, and you must have mad cake skills like me to do it, but for some reason I am able to make it look simple!" right? icon_lol.gif

Sarsi Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:15pm
post #20 of 22

LOL, Mel...not quite!! icon_smile.gif Have you even tried one yet???

Melvira Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:17pm
post #21 of 22

You know, I haven't had the chance to yet, but I am definitely going to!! Maybe I need your advice on the best way to do it!! thumbs_up.gif

Sarsi Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 6:26pm
post #22 of 22

well, my pictorial is at the top of the "Cake Decorating" forum!! Its a sticky there!! But I learned from ShirleyW's tutorial...so you should be very well covered if you look at both of those!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%