Need Help Making Crown Royal With Ice Cubes In A Glass

Sugar Work By Someonesmommy Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 2:45pm by GrandmaG

Someonesmommy Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:02am
post #1 of 6

Im going to be making my husband ( a CR lover) a cake for his birthday in february in the shape of a Crown Royal bottle and I'd like to make some hard candy icecubes and CR in a glass. I was going to use one of the glasses that came with a bottle but I need help on how to make the hard candy look like ice cubes.

5 replies
MissBaritone Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 10:31am
post #2 of 6

I use glacier mints which are a cube shaped clear mint. Do you have a similar sweet you could use

CakesByLJ Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 12:53am
post #3 of 6
sayhellojana Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:09am
post #4 of 6

An alternative to hard candy would be making them out of very firm gelatin. Use unflavored gelatin, add a very small amount of boiling water and put it in a small container so you can cut cubes.

rockysmommy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhellojana

An alternative to hard candy would be making them out of very firm gelatin. Use unflavored gelatin, add a very small amount of boiling water and put it in a small container so you can cut cubes.

Thanks for the tip... thumbs_up.gif

GrandmaG Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 6

This is so funny. I had to do a double take! My son-in-law's name is Rocky and he drinks Crown and rides a Harley. icon_lol.gif I am going to try making a Crown bottle next.
You just have to be careful with the sugar when making the ice because it does turn amber when you cook it long enough to harden. Try using Isomalt or the candy mints or gelatin sounds like a good idea. It would also depend on the season you are making them. They don't do well with humidity or hot weather.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%