Wanna Lose Weight? Calling All Chunky Monkeys!

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 10:27pm by TexasSugar

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:24pm
post #151 of 412

I was blown away when I put in the recipe for cookies that I make all the time, and they were 11 points each.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:42pm
post #152 of 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I was blown away when I put in the recipe for cookies that I make all the time, and they were 11 points each.

I don't know much about the point system but that sure sounds like a bit OUCH to me...........

michellenj Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:29pm
post #153 of 412

11 points is the same amount of pts. as a Happy Meal. And I only get 18 pts. for the day, and had already eaten 2 cookies before I calculated the points.

Have you all set goals for yourself regarding exercise? Daily or weekly?

butternut Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:43pm
post #154 of 412

I currently walk/run a couple miles 6 days a week. I've got a couple of videos that I'm hoping to get into but ever since the holidays I've had a hard time finding more time for myself. I'm either having company over or I'm trying to play catch up.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:58pm
post #155 of 412

Ok so I did really great up until about 2:30 (3:51 here now).

I sat there looking at my points trying to figure out dinner and then I got hungry. I took a small hand full of potato chips. Then I had a cookie.

Now I have the nibbles. Instead of putting in a bag of 1 point popcorn I'm done for the day and then some. lol

It's day 1, I didn't expect it to be perfect. Looking back I see for both meals where I could have done better to leave me wiggle room for afternoon nibble points.

I figured this week I'm going to do the trial/error and see day to day what works for me and then come next Monday start out doing it seriously. This week I'll also try to stick to my points as best as I can but I'm not going to freak if I go over. If I go OCD with this I'll be miserable.

This also gives me two trips to the supermarket to stock up on foods and such that are WW friendly and a week to get the ice cream cleaned out (it's all you can eat for my son and his friend I watch after school this week. lol)

I tried the smart choice chicken/cheese quesadilla today and let me tell you, those are addictive! 4 points per quesadilla too which isn't bad at all for a meal.

butternut Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:08am
post #156 of 412

I love the Smart Choice and Healthy Choice meals. I think it's a great lunch. I get the ones that have meat, veggies and a desset and it is all well within my allowed amount of calories. Can't beat that.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:47am
post #157 of 412

Hellooooo Chunky Monkeys--I had no internet at work today and so I'm finally checking in. I discovered a cool site yesterday. It lets you track your food, workouts, etc...just like WW online, only it's all free! Besides calories it also tracks things that I'm interested in tracking like fiber, carbs, & sodium. I'm down a couple of pounds. If anyone's interested here's the site
http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/calorie_counter.asp
We're having an ice storm in OK--I'm hoping we don't lose power!! It nearly killed me not to have internet at work today because I missed CC, errrr I mean I was unable to do my work icon_smile.gif!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:57am
post #158 of 412

Glad to see you back up and running with us Stacey, we missed you while you and the little ones were sick.

I'm finally over the cold, I think, and oh so glad I am!

Margie, Congrats on the lose! I think I gained part of what you lost last week. Me and the scale aren't talking this week.

Thank you for sharing your healthy cooking changes. It just reminds us that with little changes things we enjoy can be better for us. I'd much rather make what I know healthier than eating those darn egg white omelets. icon_smile.gif

Welcome Michelle! There is always room for more Chunky Monkeys. I totally understand the mornings and afternoons going well. I think that alot of people have trouble with the night time. My worst time for wanting a snack is 9-11pm. Never feels I feel munchie and look at the clock and go, yep, that's why.

CarolynGwen, you sound like you are off to a great start! Have you worked in a afternoon snack into your points? I bet if you track when you are hungry you will find a daily afternoon snack time frame. Just plan it in and don't feel guilty about it.

As far as the exercise goes for me, when I get into it, I usually walk at least two miles a day. I'm still working on getting into it again this time. I do better if I do do it every day though. I do want to get some sort of routine going for me that uses walking, weights, and work out videos. I won't be able to work on it this week, but maybe next week.

Mencked, please keep your ice up there, but do be careful! They were talking about some of us getting it, but hopefully it will miss my county. I'm so tired of the weather right now. Wish it would pick warm or cold and stay there! Thanks for sharing the site!

I so wish I could come on here tonight and say that I was back on track, but I'm not. Spent all afternoon at the hospital with mom and nephew, that was certainly hard, since he was pretty much bouncing off the walls. His surgery is some time in the morning, though no one could give us a time. icon_confused.gif Nurse said they won't know until first thing in the morning. So my brother is going to call to let us know. That means another day sitting at the hospital tomorrow then class following that. Hopefully I get breakfast in the morning, and we are going to try to remember to pull out the crock pot in the morning so we have something to eat tomorrow night, rather than fast food.

Hopefully he won't have to stay too many days at the hospital so I can get back in to a routine. One thing at a time I guess.

Good luck my Monkey Sisters, I'll be thinking of y'all and jealous of your yummy, healthy meals, when I'm picking at the food up there. HUGS!

And Margie you are awesome with your uplifting comments today. I know I needed to read it and be reminded of some things. icon_smile.gif

nanikins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanikins Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 4:14am
post #159 of 412

Carolyn, honey, I feel your pain. I had a munchie day, too. And after I was so excited about feeling better, too!! I think it's because the house is thrashed after being sick and it was easier to munch than figure out where to start. I finally got some of the cleaning done and the laundry caught up, though, so tomorrow should be better.

I knew someone on WW who had trouble with the dinnertime thing, too. She finally started planning her dinners and marking out those points first thing in the day. That way she knew exactly how many points she had available for earlier in the day. An afternoon snack may help, too. Try low-fat yogurt in a yummy flavor - it feels indulgent to eat "key lime pie" and the protein in it gives you sustained appetite control (plus there's calcium, which we all need).

Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day! Hugs to all.

michellenj Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:13pm
post #160 of 412

Yesterday I did great following the plan, and at midnight I was down here in the kitchen, rooting around for m&m's. icon_redface.gif Oh well, back on plan today. While the kids are at school today I plan to hit the gym and run on the TM and lift some weights. My training program says 2-3 miles, but I'm going to try to do 4-5. We shall see-I get soooo bored on the TM.

Have a great day, folks.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 5:41pm
post #161 of 412

HI, my name is Janel and I'm a Chunky Monkey!

I have been working on losing weight for a couple of months now and I am down a total of 13 1/2 lbs. I have a total of about 50 to lose.

I'm 34, mom to a 2 year old girl. I have several medical problems including Osteoporosis (sp??) - seriously! Its called Steroid induced OP. I have a skin disease which causes severe blistering and I was on steroids for about 6 months straight and gained 40lbs - I had about 15 to lose BEFORE that!! I also developed an ulcer and an enlarged liver b/c of the steroids - needless to say they were doing more harm that good... off that now!

A couple years ago I did WW, hard core!! and lost over 30lbs - I was down to a size 4/6 and I was HOT! not so much anymore!! I am bigger than I have ever been - ever! even pregnant!

I started my weight loss by cutting portions and eating my dinner off of our salad plates instead of our dinner plates, that way I ate a "plate full" of food for dinner but still didn't eat as much - I do dinner buffet style - cuts down on dishes and the food is not sitting in front of me to eat and pick - i leave it all in the kitchen!!

I used the money my g-ma gave me for x-mas to buy the weight watchers at home kit and have been doing that for a couple weeks, I am having a hard time really sticking to it - for me I have to have a planned menu every day to know what to eat or I don't eat and then I'm starving and then I eat too much and I eat whatever I can find.

I have created what Dr. Phil calls a "no fail environment" - meaning I really don't have bad food to eat in the house, the problem is no matter how good something is for you, if you eat the whole box it becomes bad and fattening!!

I need to get on the ball and plan my menues - I think this week I am going to continue to fly by the seat of my pants with my points - I have a very important dr's appointment on Thursday for my long term disability and I am very nervous and stressed out and can't focus on food until its over....

good luck to all!! I hope you all have a very productive and low fat week!!

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 6:41pm
post #162 of 412

Welcome Janel....It seems you have a well chalked out plan, good luck! I gained 45lbs on steroids and know the feeling, plus I had to loose before that anyways...you are like gee thanks! mr. medicine. Why dont they tell us all this upfront? Or maybe it was my fault for not researching enough! Well lets beat it -together!!

Quote:
Quote:

TexasSugar: Monkess, what do you eat when you are only eating 60 carbs. I've been keeping track of my carb/fat/protein and there is no way I could ate that few a day.Also are you getting enough calories? Remember, no less than 1200 a day. Have you tried adding in more exercise to help break through the plateau?!

I know 60 sounds way low...and it is tough especially when I want to def. not go under 1200 calories and eat sensibly-no dr. atkins kind of approach here! I eat a toast, some protein, cheese for bfast then a salad and some protein for lunch, tea and popcorn for a snack and again lots of veggies and a protein with a low carb bread for dinner. This is the basic layout with modificiations to prevent boredom. I exercise 3 x a week at Curves and possibly can not fit in more due to the business. Plus I steam and sauna 2x a week. So.....

Monday check in-sorry missed it -but I did weigh in, with WOULD U BELIEVE IT 0.2 lbs. lost! HA@!>!!?! This plateau is getting to me so bad!

Quote:
Quote:

Stacy:Monkess, do they make a low-carb pita you could use for a crust on those days you want pizza?!

Stacy, when the craving hits all I want is takeout-cant bring myself to actually go through the motions of making one, simply because whilst preparing even a low carb version I will know it is way more than I should be eating and then if I am fussing over cooking, might aas well make something healthy that fits in my diet plan. Sort of like when you want to do something naughty and get it over with before your brain tells you to stop!!! thank God the craving hits only about once a month!!! lol..thanks for the suggestion though!

Everyone else...the new week is bright and promising....lets nail it...oh and congratulations to the "droppers" you gals are doing us proud

prue23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prue23 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:52pm
post #163 of 412

I love this group already icon_smile.gif . . . I've been on the "fluffy" side (like my fav comedian describes himself) almost all of my life. It wasn't until I graduated from college in may 07 and I couldn't get a job that I started to really gain a lot of weight and feel depressed about it. I'm 5'8, 23 yrs old and 249 lbs. I've only really tried one diet plan and it was the Best Life diet from Bob Green and my all time fav lady Oprah icon_smile.gif. I have to admit if you follow the plan it does work, I was able to lose 25 lbs, but after 3-4 months on it it just got really boring and hard because in my house I was the only one doing it while everyone got to eat anything they wanted. I started with my plan again this year and just really feel talking on here to you guys will really help to get the support and encouragement I need to keep going. My fam is kind of supportive, they agree that I have to lose weight to be healthier and feel better but at the same time they're offering me food they know I can't eat . . . so it gets difficult at times but I'm determined not to give up. Good luck to everyone here.

Sarah1952 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah1952 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:29am
post #164 of 412

Hello, my wonderful sisters!
Man, it has been such a roller coaster since I started this. I am eating less and down a few pounds icon_wink.gif The last few weeks have been rough as I got sick first, then I felt better and hubby got sick and gave me back the cold I gave him, then this week, my daughter has been sick and I am feeling a bit ill again. I am stressing over her birthday party this weekend and the castle cake I want to make her. Hopefully, it will all come together. I have looked through the great cakes here on sight and have some great ideas.
On the dieting issue, I have managed to eat a bit less than normal. I still cannot get into calorie counting. I been making my own pasta from whole wheat and also use soy flour. Now, I also been doing at least 1 mile with Leslie Sansone. I want to do it daily, but have not felt up to it yet for everyday. This has been a big step for my sedentary body with the low energy levels. I do know I feel so much better though afterwards. This past week, my 4 yr old daughter and I were having story time and she knew I did not feel well. She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "Mommy, I don't want you to die." Talk about a feather knocking me over. Does she sense my fears? Being an older mom with health problems was giving me the drive and now, she has really made an impact. I am putting her photo with her comment on my fridge. Both my kids are my motivators. I also have my special needs son who is 8. Anyway, I feel confident that this will work for me.
Welcome to the new ones also here. I am goin g back to bed now icon_smile.gif

Sarah

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:05am
post #165 of 412

I did much better today.

I am not a breakfast eater, and once hubby was off to work, my son was on the bus and headed for school the house was warm and quiet and the baby still sleeping.

I went and laid back down and before I knew it I woke back up and it was 11am.

Kaitlyn had a hard night sleeping so it wasn't a surprise that I had to go in and wake her up. She was waking up every 90 minutes to two hours so no REM cycle for me last night. lol I think she's teething again because she won't let me in to see. It's her 2 year old molars too. UGH!

I went to Winco and got some stuff for dinners. Man it's amazing how you look at all foods differently.

For me I bought a bag of baked lays, pudding cups, and some skinny cow mint ice cream patties. They are on my diet shelf and they better not be touched OR ELSE.... lol Oh and I forgot, I got the chips ahoy and peanut butter crisps too. Those are my emergency sugary food.

I had a turkey sandwich for lunch (NO MAYO!!!) and a handful of my baked lays, and some soda. I figured out the points first... something I'm learning to do quickly. For the mayo it was a points hit I didn't want so I figured it out, I could add 4 slices of meat and still have a huge points difference in my favor. Then I added a bag of chips ahoy crisps. I've been full all afternoon, but I also didn't eat until about 1:30.

I'm giong into dinner with 12 points. I've already planned for it to be at least 10 because it's my chicken tortilla casserole which I have an addiction to but the good news is that it is thick and filling to 2 of them at 10 points will have me full.

I'm sure I used up all my reserve points yesterday with the cookie and such that I snacked on when I went out of contrul but I played the denial game, if I don't track it then it didn't count. icon_lol.gif

Today I'm feeling better and more confident about it.

I can do this. I will do this. When I have moments of weakness though which I know I will I am not going to beat myself up. I'll just turn up the treadmill a speed and walk a little longer.

As much as I'd like to show up at my reunion in August looking smoking hot like I did 20 years ago I won't. I'll look better than today but not be what I was. Thankfully I have facebook and I can tell by some on there... they don't look smoking hot anymore either! icon_lol.gif

Monkess Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:40am
post #166 of 412

Way to go Carolyn...you are getting organized and getting to calculate what you eat...that is so so important. Is it not amazing how bad certain innocent foods are ? I was at Panera and one of their sourdough soup bowls---get this---packs a whopping 110 carbs..that is almost my 2 day allowance!!!!! gee.... so calculating really does help...good luck!

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:14am
post #167 of 412

Mencked, Thank you for the helpful website. That is challenging for me to count calories and I think that can really help out a lot.
TS, I hope everything goes okay for your nephew. I have a sick dad who is in and out of the hospital quite often so I know how hard it can be to eat healthy when you have a loved one there especially if the hospital has a food court with only fast food! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

As for me, I only lost one more pound but I'm not too upset. My sister has been taking my measurements every two weeks and in two weeks I've lost 3 inches in my hips and 2 1/2 inches in my waist. I also lost an inch in chest and 1/2 inch in each arm. Woo Hoo! I know I can already see a difference in some of my pants. I've been doing pretty good as far as the food goes. I did have a bad weekend where I indulged on Mexican food and soda! I hadn't had a soda in a month so I said that was my coke for the month.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:20pm
post #168 of 412

I keep missing Monday check-in, lol.

Anyway, I weighed myself the last three days (I do a three-day weigh in and calculate the average) and I'm down...another FIVE POUNDS! I'm officially 150lbs!!!! *does the OMFG dance* I rewarded myself with one cookie, and made sure that it didn't put my over my carb count first. icon_biggrin.gif

That means I'm only 5lbs from my ultimate goal weight of 145.

janelwaters Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:22pm
post #169 of 412

JADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! that is so amazing!! GREAT GREAT JOB!

butternut Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:25pm
post #170 of 412

Welcome Janel and prue23. So glad to see you and look forward to sharing this journey with you both.
TS - how did your nephew's surgery go? I know its a really stressful time and yeah, you're right, it's difficult getting a good healthy meal at the hospital. I hope things settle down for you soon and your nephew is well on his way to recovery.
Congratulations on all the weight loss this past week. You guys ROCK!!! Jade, thumbs_up.gif only 5 pounds to reach your goal. I'm so proud of you. See, we can all do this. We simply have to want it badly enough. You guys are doing great!!!!!!

Monkess Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:57pm
post #171 of 412

Jade and Chrissy-WAY TO GO...woo hooo!!!! Go Chunky Monkeys!!!

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:33am
post #172 of 412

way to go Jade!!! Sounds like your on your way and just about there! thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:53am
post #173 of 412

Just doing a quick stop in... Nephew made it through the surgery just fine. Of course now is the worst of it, since he is hurting and doesn't want to listen to me and my mom about what will help him. He thinks he knows it all and has the teen attitude on top of it.

He thinks we are the meanest people ever cause we make him get up and walk. Of course it takes 10 mins of coaxing to even get him out of the bed and down the hall. Takes much longer to get him up than it does for the walk.

I'm really hoping he does get out Friday (like we have been told) because it is very long days sitting up there. We were up there at 7:30 this morning and I left at 5:45 to go teach a class. My mom didn't leave for another hour or so after that.

Hope everyong is having a good week. I'll be back next week and ready to do a better job. HUGS!

butternut Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:16pm
post #174 of 412

Tracy - soooo glad he came through the surgery just fine. I know he must be really sore. Getting up and getting around is the last thing he wants to do. Probably just wants to lay there and be left alone. I'm sure deep down inside he knows that you and your mom are telling him to do what's best for him but hey, being a teenager, he'll never admit that he knows that icon_rolleyes.gif I know you'll do just fine with eating and your workouts when things settle down. I'm sure you feel totally worn out right now. It's tough going to the hosptial and waiting around like that. Better days are just around the corner...

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:05pm
post #175 of 412

TS glad surgery's over--great fun to be the caregiver I know, but it sounds like you and your family certainly have it under control.....we're all thinking of you guys!
Chrissy-3 whole inches gone from you hips--Wonderful!!!
Jade-5 lbs from goal--Fantastic!
Just think--you two are our Biggest Losers icon_smile.gif!
There's probably more good new for us too, but I can't remember what I read on the page before this--call me pre-menopausal--but that would be fine, I'd forget you said it in the next 3 minutes!
I went to my naturopathic doctor today and she was encouraged by my progress and encouraging--it's really good to have a pat on the back! I'm really loving the website that I gave you guys a link too--it's really helping me track what foods have too much sodium, etc...not to mention the calories I'm consuming--while I'm not really counting calories, just trying to make a life change on my food choices--whole grains, lots of fruits and veggies, no white sugar or flour, etc., it's an eye opener to realize how many calories I must have consumed to maintain my tubby self all of these years! CRIPES!! Not good! Now to step up, OK start the exercise, and consuming more water....wish me luck!

janelwaters Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 9:13pm
post #176 of 412

This past week I have been so consumed with this Dr's appointment that I wasn't really focusing on the food and weight loss - I have NOT gained any weight back, but I have not lost any weight either. So, I'm pretty happy.

tomorrow is a new day and aside from a quick little cake for a friend this weekend and I have to get started on my cake for the competition (Lets Eat Cake - North Florida) - I am going diet crazy! I am going to plan my food for the week, clean out the fridge and pantry and get my big one on the Fit!

My appointment was today and I do feel better that its over (Independent Medical Evaluation for my Long Term Disability) but I just can't get diet motivated today. I was pretty bad so far today - not terrible, but really not great - I think I have like 5 points left for the day so I guess dinner will be a small piece of chicken and a HUGE plate of steamed veggies....

Hope everyone is having a great day and a great diet day!!

Keep up the good work!!

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 9:21pm
post #177 of 412

Hi Monkies,

i've been avoiding the site lately due to my own bad habits.

My husband is out of town and that puts my schedule into weirdness. Classes started last Wed. I made it to the first day, but have managed to talk myself out of going to class this week. I have to get my head on straight if I'm going to finish this semester and get into the university program next fall. My sleep schedule consists of going to bed around 4-6am and getting up 8-10 hours later. It's a mess.

The good news is that without having to fix any food I'm not really eating bad things. But I'm not eating on a regular schedule. Weigh in this morning was 275. Which is a loss overall. I have seen as low as 271 on the scale. This means that I have lost over 100 lbs from my heaviest and 94 lbs since the pre surgery consultation last Feb.

I have lots of dummy cakes I need to get done. I also am planning some cakes for our cake show coming up the end of Feb. I'm flying to Virginia to visit my husband for Valentine's day. I'm flying to Phoenix to do my cousins wedding cake in March. And I'm hoping to make a trip to Southern Cali over the summer to visit my sister.

So basically I've been thinking of you all, but I've got a lot of stuff on my plate and I'm letting my lonliness interfere with staying on track and keeping focused.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I didn't really read all the posts I've missed. But I'd like to welcome the newest members to our chunky monkey crew and I'd like to congratulate those of you that have posted your losses and your NSV (non scale victories). I think I'll have an NSV when I fly to VA. No seat belt extender will be AMAZING!

Oh yeah, I can wear high heels and even walk in them comfortably. And I found a coat i can wear that fits in the shoulders and still let's me button up all the way down to the bottom. Usually my hips prevent it from buttoning if it fits in my shoulders or my shoulders are super big if it fits my hips. So this was a good feeilng for me.

I just have to remind myself that I can lean on you ladies. Just like these little monkeys.

TexasSugar Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 9:56pm
post #178 of 412

Thank you everyone on the thoughts for my nephew. This morning started off rough but got so much better. Nephew started in with us first thing this morning with that tone of voice that is just plain rude. We gave him his ADHD meds this morning (which he hasn't had the last two days) and that did help.

He was arguing about brushing his teeth and walking. Finally told him I wasn't putting up with it, that I would leave if he didn't make an attempt to treat us better. I set the alarm on my phone and told him he had 15 mins then he was getting up and getting out of the hospital gown (IV was unhooked last night) and putting on some clothes. He laid there quitely (either sleeping or faking it) then when the alarm went off he did get up, brushed his teeth, took a sponge bath with wash cloths and got dressed in sweat pants and a t-shirt. Then we went for a long walk. When he got back he sat in one of the chairs instead of climbing back in bed.

I'm not sure if it was my little heart to heart with him or the meds, but either way his mood improved greatly.

The DR came in about 10:30 and took the staples out. We asked him when Justin got to leave and he asked Justin if he was ready to go. Justin just kinda looked and him while me and my mom were both going, yes yes, say yes. We were out of there by 11:30.

I made sure to tell him when we got settled in here, that I know we were hard on him and he was hard on us, but that I was proud of him for being brave with the surgery and that over all he did really well.

I'll be back on later with another message. Just wanted to give everyone an update real quick.

janelwaters Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:05pm
post #179 of 412

TS - that is fantastic that you guys are home!! Getting up an moving around is the BEST thing that he can do to get better! I had a c-section on Friday afternoon and was home by Sunday early evening and went shopping on Monday! All b/c as soon as the nurses said "GO" I was up and moving around.

I hope he continues to heal and keep a good attitude!!

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:53am
post #180 of 412

Trying to catch up, so forgive me for the delay and the already covered stuff. icon_smile.gif

Welcome Janel! -13lbs is awesome!! Steriod shots are never good for weight, and usually some of the hardest weight to get off. But don't give up. You can do it!!

Welcome Prue! Don't we just love family? You have to take a stand again them and the food they push at you. It may be time to sit down with them and really explain what you want and what they are doing to hurt that effort. I'm just starting to get my parent to understand more about healthy eating. But I know that even if they don't want to join my efforts that I have to have my own self control to get through this. Food is always going to be in front of us and something we will have to learn to deal with.

If your meals are cooked by someone else, then you just have to try to eat more of the best stuff and less of the others. You can also try to keep healthy options to add to your meals. Such as stuff for salads or fruits. If you do some of the cooking then use that time to make healthier foods and show them that healthy can still be good.

I really liked Bob Green's book. I love the fact that it takes everything in baby steps, rather than changing everything at once. Plus he pretty much covers what we all know about losing weight. Drink more water, cut out fats and fried food, switch from white breads, rice and pastas to the brown/wheat versions and eat more veggies and fruits.

Sarah, congrats on the pounds lost. Sounds like most of us have been sick this last month. Hopefully that will be it for a while and we can all concentrate on feeling better.

Calorie counting is really not fun at all. But it really is a helpful tool. Even if you are just reading the calories vs serving sizes. It makes you more aware of the foods you are eating and how much you are really suppose to be eating of them. If you are planning a meal around 400 calories, you really learn the things that fill you up, and are good for you are much better than those things that leave you hungry an hour later, and use up most of your calories.

I'm not sure if ya'll have seem them, but there are some new books out called Eat This, Not That! WOW! My mom bought them yesterday so we are just at the beginnings, but it is an eye opener. One book is focused on restaurants and fast food places. And they compare the calories, fat, sodium and all the other important stuff in different foods and tells you what is the better options. A lot of what you think is better for you is not. The other is focused on supermarkets, how to shop smart, read labels better and what you need to know that all the food companies don't want you to know.

Carolyn, you want to come and get my meals organized for me? HeHe. I swear I am going to sit down and plan out the menu next week. I just need to get all my ducks in a row and get busy! Isn't it interesting when you can look at food and start adding up numbers with out having to do a lot of reading? I find pros and cons to that. It does help us eat better all the time, but then we sometimes feel like we are always focused on numbers.
Chrissy, 1 pound is great, even if we look at that scale and thing, ugh just one pound. Remember that was one pound that was there last week that isn't here any more. One pound closer to your goal. Congrats on the inches lost as well. I think that is when we really start to notice it, when the pants are easier to zip up, and our body slowly changes shape under our clothes.

Jade, honey it isn't a must to check it on Monday, just be sure to drop by sometime during the week to tell us how everything is going. We all realize that life can be busy, especially at the beginning of the week.

I'm doing the OMFG Happy Dance with you! Just remember, you can't forget about us Chunky Monkeys when you reach your goal. icon_smile.gif

Diane, pats on the backs are always wonderful and seem to really make a difference. Glad things are going well. Have ya'll thawed out up there? All I kept thinking the last two mornings when it was 27 degrees is please don't let the Groundhog see his shadow next week.

Deb, where do you find all the Monkey pictures? They are just the cutest! Woo hoo on the latest loss! Good luck with your dummy cakes and the up coming cakes! And on your upcoming NSV and heels and the coat!

How do you feel about the latest changes in the classes at Michaels? I'm really curious as to how the higher class fee is going to go with having 4 students. On top of that some time in the near future my store will be closing at 8 instead of 9. That really interfers with my class schedule. UGH!!

Kiddo did great after getting home this afternoon. He played with clay and on the Wii instead of laying around and sleeping this afternoon. Which is great. We don't want him to active yet (had to restrict some of the wii games) but we don't want him just sleeping all day. He also went all day with out asking for a pain pill. He'll be back here at my parents tomorrow while my brother and FSIL are at work.

We offered him anything he wanted for lunch (since he was on a liquid diet at the hospital) and to our surprise he choose soup for lunch. He did tell me it had to be chunky soup though. He's so funny!

I cooked tonight and stayed pretty healthy. So I was happy about that. Tomorrow I'm going to try to go back to listing what I eat, even if it is just a the foods rather than all the numbers that go with it. I need to make myself see what all is going into my mouth, so I can make sure that what I am eating is worth the calories it has.

It's late and I'm tired, so I'll go ahead and end this long thing now. I just really wanted to catch up with all the post you ladies have been busy making this week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%