Anyone Want To Throwdown?

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 29 Dec 2008 , 7:40pm by sugarwishes

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:47am
post #1 of 16

Hi all! I'm looking for a throwdown partner...for January maybe? Or February. I had one several months ago but she had to withdraw due to family problems so we never did do it.

If you are interested, check out my gallery and PM me and we can see if we think we'd be a good match.

Have a great week!

15 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:51am
post #2 of 16

i would love too BUT you are wayyyy too advanced for me.... so i will give you a BUMP
(but if any newbie is interested, it does sound like fun!)

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:59am
post #3 of 16

MissCupcake, I'm a newbie (started decorating about 6 months ago) and would be interested in a throwdown. You've got some lovely cakes & cupcakes in your gallery. Take a look at mine and let me know whether or not you think we'd be an okay match. If you agree, how do we go about this - rules, theme, etc?

sugabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugabear Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 4:13am
post #4 of 16

What exactly is a throwdown? What are the rules? Is it explained here somewhere?

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 4:14am
post #5 of 16

Id love to do a throwdown with you Kitagirl.....um....yeah right!! It would just be a massacre!

The cakes in your photos are so beautiful and I just hope than I can get half as good as you!

This does sound like a fun idea though.

sugarwishes Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 1:40pm
post #6 of 16

based on the rules i read in another post (correct me if im wrong):
-each person will submit a theme for others to vote on
-pick a date for when the cake photo has to be submitted on
-once the photos have been submitted, the voting for others begin

you dont actually win anything, its all for fun icon_smile.gif

yes dmich, i would love to do a td with you. i guess we should each pick a theme and then let others vote to decide what the theme will be. im so excited icon_smile.gif

dmich Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 2:03pm
post #7 of 16

MissCupcake, I'm excited too! Okay, my suggestion for a theme is romance (and however you want to interpret this). I thought that since we'll probably be doing the TD close to Valentine's Day, we could work with something like that. What theme appeals to you?

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 2:32pm
post #8 of 16

I think I have one...thanks guys!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 2:55pm
post #9 of 16

Aw! am I too late? I'd love to do one. icon_sad.gif

sugarwishes Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:42pm
post #10 of 16

dmich, thats a great idea!!! i was thinking pretty much the same thing since it will be close to valentines day. so how bout we make it so the photos have to be ready by maybe february 1st?

dmich Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 3:47pm
post #11 of 16

Okay, MissCupcake, we're on! I'm so excited! February 1st deadline works for me.

I found this post that lists the throwdown rules. Someone please correct me if this is not the correct list.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/throwdown-rules---can-we-ftopicp-6175357.html#6175357

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 5:12pm
post #12 of 16

Those are the current rules, read them carefully...The rules also dictate the dates for submission and you need to find a loser from the December TD's to host your TD. there were three. I think the post is in the general forum, Trixyniaz hosted them all.

sugarwishes Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:47pm
post #13 of 16

i am SO EXCITED too!!!! i pm'ed a couple of past "losers" to see if they would host our throwdown so hopefully i will hear back from someone soon, or anyone who is a past loser reading this, feel free to offer to host icon_smile.gif

dmich Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:17pm
post #14 of 16

Sounds good. I'll wait to hear back from you regarding someone to host the throwdown. Let me know if there's anything else I should do.

dmich Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:32pm
post #15 of 16

LilMissCupcake, I was just reading the rules again and it looks as though we would need to have our pictures submitted by Sat., Jan. 24th. Here's the way the rule is written:

2. Throw Downs will begin on the first day of every month. Photos are due to your designated poster the third Saturday of the month. which gives one week for voting unless it is a five week month then it will be the fourth
Saturday of the month. You will have until 3:00 PM CST on that date to get your pictures sent to the designated picture poster of your particular TD. (Exception: unless other arrangements have been made by your designated poster.)

sugarwishes Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:40pm
post #16 of 16

ok i probably should have fully read the rules. thats fine with me, as long as your ok with that. I haven't heard back from anyone yet to host this for us, so hopefully someone will answer back soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%