Chocolate Dipped Cookie Help

Decorating By Amifsud Updated 29 Dec 2008 , 6:12pm by muddpuppy

Amifsud Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 3

Can anyone tell me why when I dpped my cookies in melted chocolate they dried with a white film on the chocolate? Did I do something wrong? How can I prevent this from happening. I used the melt n'mold milk chocolate and melted them in a Wilton melting pot. I noticed this happened with the Bllue wilton melts also but I covered them up with sugar crystals so it did not matter but I do not want to cover these up. Can anyone help?

2 replies
sugarwishes Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 3

thats happened to me before, but not with cookies, with chocolate molds. i still have no idea why and only a few of them were like that. I would love to see if anybody knows what causes that too.

muddpuppy Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 3

I believe this is called "Blooming"....


Here's some info
http://www.ghirardelli.com/chocopedia/tips.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%