Debbie Brown

Decorating By cakebaker1978 Updated 29 Dec 2008 , 7:23pm by Dinny2222

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 8

Hi CC people!

I received 2 Debbie Brown books for Christmas....YAY! I was wondering if anyone has done the "playful puppies" from the easy party cakes? icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 8

Sorry I don't know but I am giving you a bump anyways! Hope you find your answer!!

cakebaker1978 Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 8

Anyone????

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 8

I took her playful puppies class at Cake Camp in Las Vegas. They really aren't hard and they look so wonderful.

The first one you do takes a bit of time but you get the hang of it quite easily. I hope you try them out.

HTH
Kathy

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 8

i havent done anything from easy party cakes.... i am getting that book shortly in the mail... yay.. but i have done a few other of debbie's cakes from magical cakes and cartoon cakes. is there something particular u needed help with or advice on? i love her cakes but sometimes i think there is just too much fondant on them..

cakebaker1978 Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 8

I am making the playful puppies in Feb., but I am just placing them on top of an oval cake. I was originally going to do one puppy in a basket for a friend's daughter but then after I received the books I decided to do the playful puppies in the basket. I think I will make the puppies out of Rice krispie Treat though. I red over the instruction for them and there isn't a lot of illustration with the instructions. I was just wondering if anyone made them and how they turned out. Do you think using the rice Krispie treat will be ok? Thanks for the responses!! thumbs_up.gif

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 1:16pm
post #7 of 8

I also took the playful puppies class at cake camp and the puppies were really easy to make. In class, we used styrofoam balls instead of cupcakes so I think you'd be fine using rice krispie treats

Dinny2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dinny2222 Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 8

alliebear, do you make her cake recipe too? I just received a couple of her books for Christmas too and I was wondering if her cake recipe is good or if I should use WASC recipe and just follow her instructions for decorating. Any thoughts?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%