White Chocolate Peppermint Frosting, How To?

Decorating By cathie_shinnick Updated 27 Dec 2008 , 8:53pm by cathie_shinnick

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 5

How can I add white chocolate to BC or is there a WChoc. recipe that I could add some crushed candycanes to?

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 5

just melt white chocolate.....allow it to cool (not harden, just not hot), then add it to your buttercream......you can stir in a little peppermint extract and then get some of those Bob's brand candy canes......they come in sticks or in little round mints...they're softer and not so hard to bite into

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 5

I found this recipe @ recipezaar:

Frosting

* 6 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
* 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
* 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
* 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
* 2-2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted, divided
* 6 peppermint candies, crushed (optional)
# Place white chocolate in a small glass bowl in the microwave oven on HIGH power for one minute. Remove and stir with wooden spoon or rubber scraper until smooth. Set aside to cool.
# In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and butter; beating with electric mixer on LOW speed for about 30 seconds til well-combined.
# Add cooled white chocolate and blend on LOW speed for appx 30 seconds until well-combined.
# Add peppermint extract and 2 cups confectioners sugar; blend on LOW speed until well-combined, appx 30 seconds; increase mixer speed to MEDIUM and beat til the frosting is fluffy, appx 1 minute, adding upto 1/2 c additional confectioners sugar if necessary to make it a spreadable consistency.
# Place in frig for appx 20 minutes until the frosting sets.
# OPTIONAL: Before chilling, sprinkle tops of frosted cupcakes w/ crusted pepperment candies

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 5

thanks so much guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%