Sugar Question

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 29 Dec 2008 , 5:03pm by -K8memphis

Newatdecorating Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 6

I am wanting to make some snowflake cookie. I use RBC and royal to decorate. What kind of sugar could I use to go on the royal to give it some sparkle? Or what do you think would work best?

Thanks for the help!

5 replies
msulli10 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 6

You can buy Sanding sugar. They come is a variety of colors.

leah_s Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 6

Sanding sugar, coarse sugar or sparkling sugar. All slightly different, all will work.

-K8memphis Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 6

Even regular old sugar will work. I like to tint some of it real light blue.

Newatdecorating Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 6

One thing that I forgot to ask is the best way of applying the sugar. I will have RBC as my base coat and will use royal to decorate. I am wanting to put the sugar on the royal. What is the best way to go about it?

Thanks again!

-K8memphis Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 6

I place a sheet of parchment under the cookies and sprinkle the sugar on then gently shake off the excess and gather it up and re-apply.

You can also fold the parchment and have better aim by just letting it slide off the fold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%