Wilton Ball Pan Question

Decorating By cb_one Updated 27 Dec 2008 , 7:09am by red0027

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 5:05am
post #1 of 5

I was wondering, how do you keep the cake stationary since its a ball?
Dowels? Have a cake for a Bowling party tomorrow and i'm about to ice the cake when this just dawned on me.

4 replies
Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 5:26am
post #2 of 5

I have not used one of those pans, but could you just cut a little bit off on one spot so it has a level part to sit on? Did the pan come with any instructions? I love those pans and have been wanting to get one, so I am very interested in what do you do to keep it stable.

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 5:33am
post #3 of 5

http://www.wilton.com/shapedpan/Sports-Ball-Pan-Set

I found the instructions on the Wilton site. Above is the link for it. It does say to slice a bit off so it will stay in place.

But, how in the world do you transport a cake like that?

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 6:34am
post #4 of 5

Hi,

When I used this pan I just placed the cake on a plate and it didn't move. I'm sure slicing a bit off so the cake would sit flat would be effective, or maybe placing some icing on the cake board/plate and then placing the cake on it would help too.

Janelle

red0027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
red0027 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 7:09am
post #5 of 5

Hi there! I just used the pan for Christmas and I did cut a little sliver off so that it would rest evenly on the cake board. I also used icing to secure it to the board. It was really rather easy. I put it on a 6" round cake and never had any problems when I had to carry both about 100' to set it atop the columns for the 8" round base cake. It seemed extremely stable.

If you want to get it, I highly recommend it. It was worth it and I have used it for a baby rattle prior, but only as halves. There is so much opportunity with this pan.

Steph

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1296946.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%