27 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:30am
post #2 of 28

Groooooooooooooss! icon_eek.gif

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:31am
post #3 of 28

How revolting! Why would anyone want to eat something that looks like that????

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:33am
post #4 of 28

Don't let this get out to my crazy friends, they have already asked for enough gross things on cakes!

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:36am
post #5 of 28

I wonder how many they sell during halloween. Ugh!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:40am
post #6 of 28

wow....

something to be learned here!!!!

so, if those are made out of bread dough ---

just what kind?

is it unleavened and therefore does NOT rise as baking and therefore does not deform

or is it leavened bread which would rise and deform???

if it is leavened, the how the heck does he get it to rise just the right amount in just the right way to make the shapes?

are there molds involved?

some trick to the bread recipe that allows it to be shaped after baking? (tho' it did appear to be baked after shaping?

and, yes gross -- but only because of the way he painted it.

could just as easily be turned into custom busts of people. (remember that life size replica of the bride wedding cake from a few months back --- on that one only the body was cake, the bust was polyclay -- imagine if that bride had access to this guy!)

personally, I think it's great fun! (but then I do so enjoy teaching the makeup unit in theatre class where we do burns, cuts, various wounds, impalements, etc.! :icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 1:51am
post #7 of 28

Wow.. Doug, you have put this artform into a whole new light.. "One man's trash... is another man's treasure"... or however that goes.. icon_biggrin.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 2:15am
post #8 of 28

As cool as stuff like this is, I was (notice past tense) dinner while reading the forums tonight and when I got to the realistic meat hooks... I literally started gagging.

Unforunately it was left over Christmas ham that was rather tender and well textured and with it was twice baked potatoes in my mouth... I couldn't swallow it either.

I feel ill.

icon_lol.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 2:19am
post #9 of 28

I think it's cool too. To think that it is a baked good which we all know doesn't always behave how you would think it would. I think it's pretty amazing that he can do that with dough. Yes it's painted like a horror show, but there is art in there. There's a novelty to it.. it is.. afterall.. just bread and not actual faces and hands and feet.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 2:30am
post #10 of 28

That is just sick......Talant or not.....that's sick.

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 2:48am
post #11 of 28

That is just wrong! There is no way I could bring myself to even eat it!

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 2:56am
post #12 of 28

Can anyone translate what the man in the vidio clip is saying? It would be fun to hear his comments.
icon_biggrin.gif

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 3:23am
post #13 of 28

That's just grotesque and too graphic for children! I wouldn't want my children exposed to something so graphic. Talented or not, it's down right wrong!

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 3:25am
post #14 of 28

It might be that it's molded just after it's baked.

I have special boiled egg molds that work like that. Right after the egg is boiled, you peel it while hot and put the egg into the mold/press. Surprisingly the egg does not crack and you can make very detailed designs with the eggs.

I wonder if that is what he does with the bread.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 3:40am
post #15 of 28

what the...?? icon_confused.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 3:51am
post #16 of 28

Interesting. GROSS!

Did you notice at the beginning of the video, the kid looked like he tried to turn his head and the taller(couldn't tell if it was an adult) forced his head back toward the case? That is horrible!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 4:49am
post #17 of 28

I actually saw a segment on this bakery on either the Food Network or the Travel Channel. I can't remember much about it but it is bread.

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 5:19am
post #18 of 28

Gross! Nasty! No way in ...bleep... would I take a child in there to see that!

But, there is some talent there. It looks like he has found a way to get people in the doors. I wouldn't go but I don't go see horror movies either and yet they still make them. So there is a market, gross yes, but there is a market for it.

I am curious about the dough though...hmmm.

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 5:49am
post #19 of 28

I just don't get it.
What has happened to people that they have the need to buy baked goods in the form of grotesque body parts? And what has happened in this guys head that puts the images there for him to create?? Just sick...
but thats just my opinion. I agree with others though, there is NO WAY I would allow my children to see these. They will have to see enoug real violence and hatred in life that I can't shield them from, i'm not going to force violent bread on them! icon_eek.gif
It's just so sad to me...

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 7:35pm
post #20 of 28

This makes me want to go on the Adkin's diet.

I think the most disturbing are the ones on the hooks. Man, that stuff is wierd!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 7:51pm
post #21 of 28

Idreamofcakes: I thought the same thing when watching it......what is going on in that guy's head that he can envision someonen all mangled and bloody like that. Gross!!!

i bet they're expensive since that one guy (who seemed very proud by the way) only bought a nose! lol

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 8:00pm
post #22 of 28

Great for Halloween, but geez! I think I'll have to skip lunch today. Hey they could call it "diet" bread, who would eat it?

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 9:36pm
post #23 of 28

I wouldn't want to eat that or take my kids in there. I would be having nightmares for days!

Well, there is a market for it, especially during Halloween or maybe for a horror film festival. There are certain types of breads that can be shaped and then baked into whatever form you want.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 9:50pm
post #24 of 28

I think its really, really cool. Gross, but really cool and shows a lot of talent.

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 12:01am
post #25 of 28

Marysmom,

Where do you get egg molds? Sounds like it would be kind of fun to play with!

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 1:58am
post #26 of 28

I'm scared that there are people in this world that find this artistic....What the hell is the purpose??? Other than to encourage violence?
Before you jump all over me....I do believe everyone has a right to their opinion....well, that's just mine.
I think one can prove their talents in creating ANYTHING else other than bloody hacked up body parts.... icon_confused.gif

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 7:09pm
post #27 of 28

AMEN Sweetcakes!!!!
Violence has been too widely excepted, and as someone whose family has been affected by too much violence (from outside of our family) I cannot in any way see it as a form of art.
I just see it as someone glorifying violence and evil for money,(and why on baked goods???) and before anyone gets upset...I believe the same thing as far as movies,video games, and ect..that do the same thing.
Again just my opinion.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 6:00pm
post #28 of 28

Before anyone gets too judgemental remember this is something done in a foreign country. There's a good chance that it has something to do with their culture or religion so unless you know for a fact it might be better not to decide that it's promoting violence.

Personally I find images of someone being tortured on the ancient form of the electric chair to be at least as nasty as these pieces of bread.

No matter what the reason these people make those body parts it shows some amazing talent. You don't have to like art for it to be art.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%