Ice-Cream Cakes

Decorating By Bluesea Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 1:43am by SaraClassic

Bluesea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluesea Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 11:31am
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I've an order for high school musical ice-cream cake and i have some doubts. Can ice-cream experts pls help me out. Here's what i intend to do:

a) frost the ice-cream cake with ganache - is this possible?
b) make an edible image of high school musical and place it on the ganache frosted cake - can i do this?
c) the top layer - should it be the cake or ice-cream.

Thank you.

4 replies
katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 1:17am
post #2 of 5

The ganche yes you can do on an ice cream cake. Cake should be on the top it's easier to handle this way and the ganache won't melt the ice cream. As for the transfer I don't know but hopefully someone else will be able to tell you. If the shop that you bought if from is open I would call and ask them.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Dec 2008 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 5

For the very few IC cakes I have made I sandwiched the IC between two thin layers of cake (one 2" layer split; the IC between them).
Once it is iced w/b'cream (I don't remember ever icing a whole cake w/ganache) then there is no problem putting a frosting sheet on.
You might want to put the fs on a thin fondant 'plaque' instead of directly on the cake....especially if the ganache is choco (or other than white). HTH

Bluesea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluesea Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:44am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

For the very few IC cakes I have made I sandwiched the IC between two thin layers of cake (one 2" layer split; the IC between them).
Once it is iced w/b'cream (I don't remember ever icing a whole cake w/ganache) then there is no problem putting a frosting sheet on.
You might want to put the fs on a thin fondant 'plaque' instead of directly on the cake....especially if the ganache is choco (or other than white). HTH

Thanks much for the replies.
Kakeladi, thatz a gd idea abt putting a thin layer of fondant plaque. Will do that. Thank you.

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:43am
post #5 of 5

kakeladi what kind of BC did you use? Im doing an IC cake also and wasnt sure what would freeze well/ pretty? thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%