What To Do With Leftover Deflated Meringue?

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 27 Dec 2008 , 3:28pm by Gingoodies

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 5

I was makind little meringue cookies yesterday, and one of the batches had an accidental yolk fragment fall in prior to beating. It, obviously, did not stiffen properly, and so now looks simply like thick cream, but despite extra meringue powder, it never acquired that meringue texture. I threw it in a tuppeware, and continued with my other stuff. So, in the meantime, I have a container full of creamy, wimpy, uncooked "meringue" ... any thoughts on what I can do with that?

4 replies
liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 5

Bumping you along....sorry I can't help!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 12:02am
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the bump ... I'm going to give myself another one here before I decide to throw the stuff out. Thanks for any suggestions!

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 8:23am
post #4 of 5

*Shrug* I just throw adulterated egg whites away. Once a bit of yolk gets in there, they're not of any use to me. Luckily, eggs are cheap! icon_smile.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 27 Dec 2008 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 5

Just for future reference, when that happens to me I just save them till the next day and make a lovely omlet. LOL Since you have added meringue powder and whipped them, I don't think that will work now. Sorry. I would just toss them at this point.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%