Please Help!! Baking Now!!

Baking By just_for_fun Updated 30 Dec 2008 , 4:06am by just_for_fun

just_for_fun Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 1:53am
post #1 of 10

The recipe I am trying says to use "powdered (not granular) instant coffee. Do you think it's okay to take instant coffee granules and crush it? I could not find powdered instant coffee... icon_cry.gif

9 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 1:55am
post #2 of 10

I bet it will be fine!

just_for_fun Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 2:33am
post #3 of 10

I hope so, thanks

cecerika Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 2:40am
post #4 of 10

I would go for it, sounds like a good solution!!

fiddlesticks Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 2:43am
post #5 of 10

It should be fine I have done that, only thing I found was that the powdered is a little stronger.

Teekakes Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 2:44am
post #6 of 10

Do you have a coffee grinder? If you do it will turn coffee beans or crystals into powder.
If not then you will need to crush it up really well, and as fine as possible by hand.
Merry Christmas icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 2:53am
post #7 of 10

Or, you can just take some of the liquid from the recipe and dissolve the coffee granules.

CakesByLJ Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 2:55am
post #8 of 10

I do this all the time... just put some granules in a ziploc bag and go over them with a rolling pin till it's a fine powder..

just_for_fun Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 4:17am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Or, you can just take some of the liquid from the recipe and dissolve the coffee granules.

The problem is that I am making a marble cheesecake. First you make the mixture and you divide in 2. Then you add the coffee powder and cocoa powder to one half. So there is no liquid to dissolve it in. I "mashed" it with the back of a spoon, it looks like a very fine powder. i went over it a few times and I don't see any granules, I'm waiting for my dh to come home with the ingredients I am missing (so typical, I was at the supermarket today), then I will get baking. I will let all of you know tomorrow morning how it went.

Thanks for all of your responses on such a busy night of the year!

just_for_fun Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 4:06am
post #10 of 10

The coffee worked perfectly, cheesecake was delish (even with the little flop, see my other post) Thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%