Keeping Large Cookie Soft?

Decorating By JaneDee Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 11:08pm by kakeladi

JaneDee Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 4

I dont usually make cookies, let alone cookie cakes so I'm not too educated on them.
I read you can change the ingredients around a little but because of time I am just using Toll House Choc. Chip Dough.

I am making a large rectangle cookie cake and am stumped on how I can keep it soft and chewy without flattening or smashing the icing on top.

I lowered my temp and take out a little early. I also am going to make it slightly thicker but I still feel like overnight it will get hard.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

(I called the great american cookie company[never had a cookie from there] and they said to put it in a black trash bag on the counter) to me that's a little weird for me to tell someone to do that. Lol there must be another way!

Thank you!

3 replies
leah_s Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 4

I'm totally confused on what you're trying to do. Are you make the cookie cake as in popular on CC, where there's a layer of cake, icing, large cookie, icing, layer of cake per tier?

Or are you just making a large cookie?

If it's the later, the best way to keep it soft is to bake it in a convection oven.

sweet_teeth Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 4

I think she's making a really large cookie, and calling it a cake.. due to the size.

If you store it in a container.. or that black trash bag that the company recommended, put a pace of white bread or an apple slice in the container with it. It will keep more moisture in the air of the storage unit, which means less moisture will be stolen from the cookie.. making the cookie stay softer longer.

kakeladi Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 4

What I have found over the yrs of making these is they keep best when fzn.
Wrap in plastic wrap - any big plastic bag and freeze.
Once you have it decorated maybe you can put toothpicks along the edges to hold up the plastic to keep it off the decorations.
Use the b'cream for air-dried flowers. It will dry hard to the touch but still be soft enough to eat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%