Depriving My Family Of Cake.....

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 26 Dec 2008 , 2:45am by msulli10

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 8

I am sooo caked out at the moment! I am constantly busy busy with making others cakes that when it comes time to make my family one I just am sick of making cakes! icon_redface.gif I feel so bad.. Of course when everyone chooses what they want to take I get voted to always make the cakes. For once I just want to do something else! icon_biggrin.gif So I took it upon myself to bake some yummy brownies this year. They still have no idea!! They will in a little bit though. I am feeling guilty now.. well kind of!! icon_evil.gif

7 replies
beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 8

I understand. This morning I finished a cake for a co-worker and I was just too lazy to do a cake for my family for Christmas. I usually do one for all holidays & birthdays. This year we are having regular ol' pumpkin pie and apple pie.
In the past 2 weeks I've done 3 cakes and 2 dozen cupcakes. So I'm done caking for a little while. icon_smile.gif

MicheleH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicheleH Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 8

That is so Funny! My husband is always saying that he has to call me on the phone to make an order for cookies/cakes. Otherwise he only gets the mistakes or broken ones!!

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 8

lol..this is sooo true!!! My daughters birthday was on the 22nd and I didn't make her a cake. icon_eek.gif She asked for it and I said I'd make it the next day. Well here it is the 24th and still no cake. Soooo I guess I'll make it now and have it ready for later.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 8

I agree with you. I get this rush of biz and then realize I "should" make a cake for my family this year. Lucky for me (or not so lucky) is that DD has recently been diagnosed with Celiac, she she can't have mom's normal cakes. I have yet to find all these secret additives to add to a cake to make it taste like a normal one for her... so I think we will not have cake this year at home!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 8

That is the same way i felt on Thanksgiving...I had over 30 cakes to get out in one day and I was up for 48 hours with no sleep and my family is so use to me bringing at least 7 desserts to Thanksgiving dinner. Well i was so worn out that I didn't bake a darn thing for my family and they were seriously upset because they didn't have a chocolate cake. Oh well...when i finally got that very last cake out the door...i cleaned up my mess went home and took a shower, i don't even remember what happened after that. All i know is that i woke up the next day ready to shop on Black Friday. To this day, my family is still talking about not having a chocolate cake & chocolate poundcake on their table.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 1:53am
post #7 of 8

We do family get togethers for all the holidays. In the last two years I have only done two cakes for those holidays. And I usually make two to three desserts for each. There are just so many other great desserts out there that I have a hard time just doing cake.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 2:45am
post #8 of 8

I was also caked out. Instead I made over 12 dozen different cookies. Now I'm ready to bake cakes again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%