Need Help With A Cake Idea

Decorating By Nnancypat Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 7:36pm by Nnancypat

Nnancypat Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 7

I make cream cheese / chocolate chip filled cupcakes for my sons class all the time. My questions is this:
Can I make a cake with the same filling.

Would I do the same as with the cupcakes?
Fill the pan a little less than half way - add the cream cheese / chocolate chip filling and then add the rest of the batter on top and bake.

I was thinking maybe I should just add "drops" of the filling since if I
add a think layer it may not bake properly.

Would this work - adding just drops so the cake batter would hold the filling and cake together? Does this make sense.
I don't really have time to just experiment.

: ) Nancy

6 replies
jammjenks Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 7

I'm no expert, but I didn't want to be the 22nd person to read your question and not answer. I would think that if it works in cupcakes, it should work in a layer as well. I see no reason why it wouldn't.

juleskaye518 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 7

Or make the cakes normally and when you layer tham use the yummy stuff as the filling.

Nnancypat Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 7

The filling is cream cheese, sugar, one egg and chocolate chips.
You have to bake it then it tastes awesome.

jjkarm Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 7

I've done it with what sounds like the same filling. I baked it in a bundt pan, and it turned out great. It was impressive to cut into the cake and see the cream cheese/chocolate chip filling.
HTH thumbs_up.gif

barbidoll Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 7

How much sugar do you put in it? It sounds really good!!!

Nnancypat Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 7

8 oz of cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar hand mixed till smooth.
Beat in one egg until smooth. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips until well blended. It's really good. Every one raves about it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works inside a cake - will find out tonight. : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%