Is there a modified cake mix recipe that adds sour cream to cake mix? Or a chocolate cupcake recipe using dutch cocoa and sour cream?
I made a similiar recipe for a Guiness stout cake and it was delicious, and I want to re-create it without the Guinness (my mom won't like the slight hint of beer).
I posted this question under the recipe forum, but without many hits, so I hope it will get more exposure here.
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
You can make the wasc cake with any cake mix you want. i use chocolate cake and add vanilla instead of the almond. it's really good . Also the darm good chocolate cake recipe is to die for. Here is the link http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2163-1-Darn-Good-Chocolate-Cake.html
Both cakes are good!
We use this recipe:
2 c flour, 1 c cocoa powder, 2 c sugar, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 c sour cream, 2 eggs, 1/2 c vegetable oil, 1 c hot water, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare cake pans.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, bakign soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
4. Mix on low speed 1-2 minutes.
5. Add sour cream, eggs, oil, water, and extract.
6. Mix on low until thoroughly incorporated, scraping sides of bowl.
7. Mix on medium for 1 minute longer.
8. Pour into prepared pans & bake 35-40 minutes.
9. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
YIELD: 10-12 (2-layer); 20-24 (single layer)
Paul & Peter
Those sound good! But anyone else with recipes, please post as well. I'm not that good at making up recipes.
As was said, use my *original* WASC recipe with a chocolate cake mix *&* use the almond flavoring and you will have the best cake ever
For the flavoring use 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring and 1/4 tsp almond.......YYUUUMMMMM")
the darn good chocolate cake recipe from the cake doc is my all time most requested recipe!