Whipped White Chocolate Ganache?

Decorating By sugarMomma Updated 26 Dec 2008 , 9:32pm by bobwonderbuns

sugarMomma Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make an icing out of whipped white chocolate ganache for cupcakes, but am unsure of the proportions of cream to white chocolate. I make dark chocolate ganache regularly, but I've heard you have to adjust the amounts when using white chocolate.

Any tried and true testers out there?

4 replies
sugarMomma Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 5

The only thing I could find on-line listed 1 1/2 c. cream to 8 oz. white chocolate. That sounds like a lot of liquid to me, I thought with white choc. you'd need less.

I don't have the luxury of experimenting on christmas eve, not enough time or ingredients! I got one or two shots to get it right. Help! icon_cry.gif

sugarMomma Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 5

and yet another recipe book calls for 6 oz. choc to 1/2 cup cream.....any good educated guesses? I won't hold you responsible. I usually make a poured ganache, have only whipped it once.

JanH Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 5

Everything you ever wanted to know about ganache:
(Includes overview, master and white chocolate recipes, how to glaze, stack, smooth and more.)

Chocolate 101:

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 5

Boy did I need this thread about a month ago -- my ganache looked like I whipped it with a cat of nine tails to within an inch of it's life by the time I was done with it! icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%