What Do I Need To Add To This Cake

Decorating By lchris Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 10:24pm by cakebaker1978

lchris Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 6

This is for my Dad's birthday tomorrow. I know it needs something else, but I'm new at this and don't want to over-do it. I'm going to put "Happy Birthday" on the board, but what else? TIA

I've asked Santa for Sugarshacks DVD, so I know I need help in that department!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

5 replies
cakebaker1978 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 6

If the overalls have anything to do with gardening you could add some veggies or farm kind of stuff around the border and sides of the cake.

Maybe some more color?
tools?

Good luck with your cake. It looks awesome already! thumbs_up.gif

lchris Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for responding so quickly Cakebaker1978. No he doesn't do any farming, just wears overalls everyday! icon_razz.gif I put a piece of holly in his pocket since he has a Christmas Eve birthday. But somethings missing......

cakebaker1978 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 6

What other kind of stuff does he like? Might help to get the ideas flowing....how to combine other interests in with his overalls. icon_biggrin.gif

classiccake Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 6

I don't think you need any more "stuff", but I think the choclate icing could use some texture to liven it up. I would suggest adding some narrow stripes, like a #4 tip in pinstripes in your choclate icing, or some small yellow or choclate dots scattered all over the choclate icing. That way it is "filled in" but doesn't take away from the design of your overalls...which looks great by the way!

cakebaker1978 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 6

Or some manly "plaid" lol. I agree, your overalls are so cute just some color would liven it up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%