Best Way To Attach Ri Snowflakes To Wires?

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 8:49pm by bobwonderbuns

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 6

I apologize if this is a repeated post, but how do you attach your RI snowflakes to wires? I have a little experience with attaching fondant/gum paste decorations to wires, but have no idea how to do royal icing decorations. Can anyone help me? icon_cry.gif

5 replies
kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 6

I've never done snowflakes on wires, but I would do it by laying the snowflake down and place the wire on top and "glue" it with royal icing. Leave it to dry before attaching it to your cake.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 6

Let them dry completely, flip them over, lay the wire on back and repipe the snowflake. This adds strength to the snowflake and the wire is encased between the front and the back.

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:51am
post #4 of 6

Thank you! I've seen so many beautiful snowflake cakes that I'm anxious to try it. I appreciate your assistance. icon_smile.gif

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:30am
post #5 of 6

Sorry to be a post-jacker, but can you guys tell me what wire to use? I just love the look, best of luck with your snowflakes!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 8:49pm
post #6 of 6

I'd use a 26 gauge. Remember the higher the number gauge the thinner the wire. That will help you decide what size to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%