Usps Delivered An Empty Box! Who Do I Make A Complaint To?

Lounge By karennayak Updated 25 Dec 2008 , 2:41am by adonisthegreek1

karennayak Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:24am
post #1 of 7

Hi,
I could use some help please.

Last month I bought some vintage crockery on ebay, and arranged to have it shipped via USPS to Mumbai, India.

Today, I received the parcel weighing only 87 gms, although the printed weight is 1 Kg. (I paid 68$ shipping!)

The parcel is damaged and has the postmaster's seal on it, and it is tied together. I can see through one of the sides that there is nothing inside. It is EMPTY!!!

My question is...

Who do I complain to?
USPS
or the seller
0r ebay
or the Indian Postal Service?

I know I will not get my crockery and it is money gone forever, but I can't let it go just like that!

Please let me know, if you have handled something like this before.

Thanks,
Karen

6 replies
veejaytx Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:28am
post #2 of 7

Sorry that happened to your crockery.

I'd complain to all of the above! Surely somebody will have an explanation! Good luck.

Mike1394 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:05am
post #3 of 7

Add customs to that list also. Stay safe.

Mike

sugarwishes Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:20am
post #4 of 7

Did you pay for insurance for the package? If so, you can put in a claim with the post office and you will get your money back. Good Luck!!

mixinvixen Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 7

take a picture of the packing statement that will show the discrepency between the two weights. take tons of pictures of the box, from all different angles to use as documentation. finally, if it was through ups, call the 800 number 1-800-pickups...had to do that myself yesterday when they delivered packages to my garage door...luckily i saw them when i checked the mail, but in normal circumstance, i would have run over them!

gerripje Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 7

That's terrible! You wait and wait for something to come and you get that! Yes, complain to everyone and somebody will have an answer, hopefully. Again, I am sorry to hear that, good luck.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 2:41am
post #7 of 7

If you paid for shipping insurance, notify the Ebay seller. They will have to initiate the claim on their end. I know this firsthand. Even if you did not pay for insurance, I'd let the seller know anyway just to cover all my bases. Contact customs and USPS. Customs or USPS may contact him and he should be aware of what happened. You will need to save all of the packaging, including the ropes that tied the empty box together. Customs or USPS will want to see it. Hope it works out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%