Ka Attachments...which To Use????

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 25 Dec 2008 , 2:47pm by sparklepopz

Trixyinaz Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 1:57am
post #1 of 8

For batter, I always use my paddle, no question.

But, I have always wondered what you are supposed to use for

1. Royal Icing

2. Buttercream

Does it matter if you use the whisk attachment or the paddle attachment for either of these icings? I've been using my whisk attachment, but am wondering if the paddle might be better. I just saw a recipe for RI that said to use the paddle.

7 replies
tracey1970 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:04am
post #2 of 8

I use the paddle for both. I would never want too much air in my buttercream in particular. It's tough enough to smooth without excess air bubbles! (lol) I have had great success using the paddle for both.

michellesArt Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:09am
post #3 of 8

i've always used the whisk for my icings and haven't had trouble-with antonia's RI it always makes a smooth, glossy icing (you could try the paddle who knows?-not me) good luck!!

Trixyinaz Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:49am
post #4 of 8

Hmmmm, I'm gonna try the paddle. I need to experiment with an egg free royal icing tomorrow. I may have to start out using the whisk to whip my egg replacer and then switch to the paddle.

I'm also going to try the paddle for my BC to see if it helps reduce the air bubbles. Thanks!

sparklepopz Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:04am
post #5 of 8

The purpose of the whisk is to add air to what you're beating.

For buttercream, the paddle is the correct attachment. icon_smile.gif

isista Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 1:04pm
post #6 of 8

agree with sparklepopz..
whisk is used for all the recipes that you want to add air , but for buttercream recipes paddle works better in my opinion..
for batter i used both paddle and whisk but had better results with whisk..

CakesByLJ Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 1:40pm
post #7 of 8

The whisk should only be used in whipped cream type icing, or meringue, that you would want to incorporate air into.

sparklepopz Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 2:47pm
post #8 of 8

LOL, echo...echo...echo

Quote by @%username% on %date%