Looking For Alphabet Molds

Decorating By cookieswithdots Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 1:08am by bobwonderbuns

cookieswithdots Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 12

I'm sure that someone here will know of where to purchase alphabet molds for gumpaste/fondant, no the Wilton ones. I'm kind of looking for something different.


11 replies
gales Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 12

Dont know about any moulds, alphabet letters I know about come in the form of tappits and cutters.

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 12
kellymarie Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:42am
post #4 of 12

This store on etsy had some cutters for a great price ( they are on holidays right now but will be back Jan 3rd i think?)


cookieswithdots Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:03am
post #5 of 12

Thanks! I love the ones from Melissa, I just need them to be smaller! Appreciate your help.


gales Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 9:29am
post #6 of 12

If you find some lower case ones Melissa pm me, I could use some. Thanks

Kay_NL Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 11:54am
post #7 of 12

I picked up some plastic molds for candy making, but not sure if they would work for fondant??

tarheelgirl Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 12:46pm
post #9 of 12

I have the funky letter set from Tappits easy to use and look a little different.

cookieswithdots Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 8:36pm
post #10 of 12

I checked out the Tappits. That's exactly what I'm lookig for. Thank you so much. Any tricks to using them?

Happy Holidays-

dellboi2u Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 8:38pm
post #11 of 12

I have seen some at Michaels and other craft stores in the clay section

bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:08am
post #12 of 12

The trick to using tappits it two-fold. First roll your fondant out THIN. Very thin. Pasta rollers are great for this. Then let it air dry for a couple of minutes, then flip it over and let the other side air dry. You want the fondant dry when you use them. Press the letter into the fondant and tap it on the edge of the counter (hence the name "tappits") and it will fall out. Be careful not to wack it too hard that you launch it across the room (don't ask me how I know that...) icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%