Sugar Bakers Is It A Franchise??

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 26 Dec 2008 , 11:25pm by amyfj1

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone know if Sugar Bakers is a franchise and if so how can i find out if i can maybe open one up ? Thanks

10 replies
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Does anyone know if Sugar Bakers is a franchise and if so how can i find out if i can maybe open one up ? Thanks

Does anyone know??

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 11

What is it?

Mike

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 11

Never heard of it?

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 11

what exactly is it?

rockytop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockytop Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 11

There is a Sugar bakers in Knoxville ,Tn. I plan on visiting it during my Christmas vacation. I dont know if it is a franshise or not. I hope that they have a good selection of cake supplies.

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 11

Assuming you are talking about http://www.sugarbakerscakes.com/, it does not appear that they are a franchise (well if the they are, they do a miserable of of promoting that fact) icon_wink.gif

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 2:24am
post #8 of 11

I checked out the link above www.sugarbakerscakes.com and since it is in Maryland I assume it's not the same one that you are talking about.

If you go to www.sugarbakersonline.com it is in Knoxville. It sure doesn't look like a franchise....it looks like a good, old-fashioned family owned business!!!

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 9:00am
post #9 of 11

I am very blessed to live near the SugarBakers in Knoxville and they are a locally owned business. The people who work there are great and a wonderful help to newbies like me. I am amazed at their selection and they print the edible photos there (which I like!).
RockyTop- I hope you find some goodies there. Are you from Tn (umm, the Rocky Top song is always playing around here)?

ilovecupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovecupcakes Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 1:01pm
post #10 of 11

not sure if theyre a franchise but why do you want to open that store? im sure you can find a different one that is a franchise

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 26 Dec 2008 , 11:25pm
post #11 of 11

As far as I know, Sugarbakers isn't a franchise. I live in Knoxville and they have closed their West Knoxville store. The only location they have now is of Merchants Rd. The store is very nice and they have lots of used but clean items for very reasonable prices. They are a great place to purchase high ratio shortening at a great price $71 including tax for a 50 lb block. Can't beat that price anywhere! Hope you find it and love it as much as I do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%