Anyone Have Instructions On How To Make The Puffed Base?

Decorating By debster Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 1:05am by majormichel

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 9

Earlene Moore has a puffed base that she uses under some of her cakes, I order from her but have yet to purchase that and need it quick and don't think it would be here in time for New Years. If anyone has instructions and is willing to send could you send it to [email protected] and put base in the line so I know it's safe to open? Thanks for any help in this, also how do you do the butterflies?

Thanks much for any help!!!!!!!

8 replies
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 9

Not to pee in your cheerios, but I don't know if anyone will give them to you since Earlene sells them and most decorators here don't want her to lose out.

You may want to see if there is anything Earlene can do, maybe fax or email the directions to you. I know that I just emailed her a copy of a photo that I did based one of her cakes and she got back to me that same day. I'd try contacting her and seeing what she can do for you.

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 9

Debster, I asked the same question and here's the responses I received.

If anyone sent you the complete instruction I would love to jump on the barn wagon and ask that you pm it to me.

Okay try this post
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-365993-.html

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 1:06am
post #4 of 9

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for (I've seen Earlene's), but this is a very cool, similar looking stand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-icing-on-the-cake/3068449094/

If you click on the collage picture to the right, you can see and read a more thorough step-by-step.

I kinda dig this less puffy version myself.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 1:23am
post #5 of 9

Earlene I believe has a faxable instruction sheet for sale on her site for the puffed base. Contact her and ask if that's still available, so that won't interfere with shipping.

majormichel Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 2:16am
post #6 of 9

Not to offend anyone, but what's the difference between sharing a recipe out of a well known book(e.g King Arthur, WASC,etc) and posting ti so everyone on CC can try it. Whereas someone who has Earlene's Puff instruction dont want to post it and feels that if posting the instruction will offend Earlene's business. By posting the recipe out of those books are hurting the authors business too because the recipe is now made public and the CC members will not purchase the book icon_rolleyes.gif

I am just curious! Like I said not to offend anyone, just a thought.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:32am
post #7 of 9

If someone will share the instructions, the FBI or CIA will actually come and arrest you !!

I agree, it is rediculous !! icon_cool.gif Like it is classified information.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 3:16pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormichel

Not to offend anyone, but what's the difference between sharing a recipe out of a well known book(e.g King Arthur, WASC,etc) and posting ti so everyone on CC can try it. Whereas someone who has Earlene's Puff instruction dont want to post it and feels that if posting the instruction will offend Earlene's business. By posting the recipe out of those books are hurting the authors business too because the recipe is now made public and the CC members will not purchase the book icon_rolleyes.gif

I am just curious! Like I said not to offend anyone, just a thought.

There is no difference.

Earlene is just a caker making her way just like all of us like Rachel Ray and Sandra Lee and Paula Dean, Sylvia Weinstock, Jennifer Dontz, Sharon Zambito, Martha Stewart, Toba Garret, Scott Clark Wooley, Global Sugar, CakeBoss etc. Some have company names some are known by their own name.

Some of us are more well known but most of us try to make some money at this. None of us would want to undercut a fellow merchant especially in public.

Posting a published recipe as written is inappropriate and actually violates the copyright. When I post a published recipe I credit my source and I don't give the directions word for word--I paraphrase. Lists of ingredients are not copyrighted but the instructions are, so paraphrasing is acceptable. However I do it rarely.

If I scan some pages of a cookbook I only email them to one person as opposed to posting them online. Or I lend them the book.

Playing fair thoughts for you.

majormichel Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 1:05am
post #9 of 9

Thanks k8memphis another way to look at it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%