A Mouse Was Under My Cake Tools!

Decorating By trumpetmidget Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 4:48pm by ArtieTs

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 2:42am
post #1 of 52

Yesterday, DH and I were in the kitchen when we saw the dark little body go racing across the kitchen. We could not find the mouse. We assumed he went into the basement. My DH explored and here we discovered the mouse has been in our house for a little while - long enough to make a nest in clothing downstairs. But, he never found the mouse last night. This afternoon, he was watching football when he heard a funny noise. He went into the kitchen and saw the little nose sticking out from underneath my rubbermaid drawer thing-a-ma-gig (not really sure what you call it). Here, the mouse must have ran under there last night and got himself caught under there. The noise DH heard was the mouse chewing through the plastic on the bottom trying to get out. Can we say "EWWW!" He was not in any of the drawers - there is a space between the floor and the drawer where the frame is. So, we took the bottom drawer out and caught the little sucker. Now, I have a hole in my frame of my drawer system and I have to clean and disinfect EVERYTHING!!! All of my cake tools, all of the drawers, 3 days before Christmas. Even though he wasn't in any of the drawers, I just feel squeemish since I sell my cakes. (I have my license as a home baker). And, now, we have to get rid of any other mice. We've never had a problem with them before - I've never seen one in the house, nor have I seen any signs (droppings, holes, etc). I'm skeeved out of my mind to think that a mouse has been running around the kitchen and I SELL cakes. I would be mortified if I found out a bakery had mice. Luckily, we are taking care of the problem. I just don't know where the problem started. I feel like it means I am dirty or something. Hopefully, he was the only one and doesn't have any buddies. DH says he will take care of it. I just had to share my terrible story with people who would understand my predicament. I hope I am not the only one who has had this problem and I hope that it is easily remidied. THanks for listening.

51 replies
chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 2:52am
post #2 of 52

oh, I feel for you. I havent had any make it into the house, but I've found some dead ones in my backyard coming in from the golf course, I hope they dont get into the house, cause I'd freak! I hope the washing & disfencting willl go quickly, would your hubby be willing to help? It may help get done even faster then!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:00am
post #3 of 52

I had that when my DH and I were first married, we lived in a basement apartment and there was construction going on nearby, I guess the mouse got displaced. I made DH get a humane trap but after catching and DH releasing the mouse, it came back. He seemed to be getting into a bottom kitchen drawer - m baking drawer - YUCK. My husband set the trap again, behind the drawer. I came home from work before DH did and I heard a noise so I pulled out the drawer, saw the mouse, freaked out completely, slammed the drawer shut - well, let's just say it wasn't really a humane trap anymore!!! No more mice after that, it was just the one so there is hope that you're not going to have a repeat incident. Good luck, I know how upsetting that is. 12 years later, I can laugh at it though.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:06am
post #4 of 52

I had them at an old apartment and didn't even know it. This is when I was still dating my now husband. He had told me several times in the middle of the night that he saw a mouse on my bed (UGH!) and I totally didn't believe him. I'm like, YA RIGHT - WHATEVER! He has had night terrors in the past, so I thought he was having some sleep issues. Well, I kept having the stupid apartment sprayed for "ants" thinking I was finding dead ants (Ugh - this is such a gross story/memory!) and low and behold the dead "ants" I was finding were mouse poops! Ya think the apartments would've clued me in. I'm sure the exterminator must've known. Anyway, it was a horrible awful experience and I'm sorry you're going through it. I hope it never happens to me again! Oh - and that was before I had kids and my apartment was always immaculate. So it's not that you're dirty!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:26am
post #5 of 52

Okay so when I was in college I had to live in the most GHETTO apartment you've ever seen. I was putting myself through school and taking care of my pregnant sister (long story). So I couldn't afford a nice apartment, but this one was close to the school, it was furnished and close to my 3 (yes 3) part-time jobs. Unfortunately, it was also close to hookers, bums and drug addicts.
So I meet my hubby and when he came to visit he's like, "Whoa, your apartment is slanted" (it was), and he seemed squeamish about being there. I think I have OCD so my house was as clean as it gets in the ghetto, but as they say, "If your neighbor has (insert nasty pests name), then you have them too". I lived above a transvestite hooker and a heroin addict, so God only knows what was going on in their places.
After my hubby proposed, he proceeded to reveal to me how disgusted he was that I was living in that slum so he rented me an apartment in a highrise building (IT WAS GORGEOUS!!) and we started to move out. So we're cleaning up under the furniture (that had to stay) and I looked under the couch and reached to pull out what looked like a leaf. Pulled it out, it felt kind of fuzzy, but whatever and looked down at my hand to se A MUMMIFIED MOUSE!! I flipped! I screamed, I gagged and then I ran to the sink, turn on the hot water full blast, pulled out the bleach and one of those green scouring pads and proceeded to give myself a chemical burn! (I really did). I couldn't eat for the rest of the day and kept washing my hand every time I thought of it. TOo this day I still want to vomit thinking about it and my hubby still cracks up laughing at the memory of me wretching and scrubbing bleach into my hand...he's all "All it took was some warm water and soap!"

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:26am
post #6 of 52

duplicate post

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:28am
post #7 of 52

Many years ago the suburb that I lived in had a mouse plague. It was a nice upper middle class area (not near the beach or train tracks or anywhere else that mice like to go). I was only 11 or 12 and it lasted ages. THey would get everywhere but there just wasn't anything you could do except keep clean and wait it out. Even today I do not put my shoes on in the dark or my feet on the floor until I turn on a light.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:10am
post #8 of 52

As it starts to turn cold, the little outside critters are looking for warm places to scurry into. And you wouldn't BELIEVE how small of a hole a mouse can squeeze thru!

We had mice a couple of years ago. In the fall, when it started to turn cold. And sorry to say, if you have one, odds are good there are MORE than one! We set traps out. 13 yr old daughter and I were downstairs watching TV ... hubby had already gone to bed. We hear a big SNAP! We scream for hubby to come downstairs. Here the little booger was trapped in the trap ... no way he as coming near us .... and we're standing on the couch screaming, "Take it outside!!! Take it outside!!!!"

We figured out they were coming into the garage and then slipping thru the garage/laundry room door because we would just leave the door open when we carried in groceries 'n such. Hubby caulked in the holes in the garage and we haven't had a problem since.

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:44am
post #9 of 52

I have had 3 mice in my house in the last 7 years. One was dead on my kichen floor (must have hurt itself behind the dishwasher because there was little bloody foot prints). We caught two others in traps with peanut butter. I totally freak out with them. My sister used to chase me around our acreage with dead or almost dead mice. She scared me for life. icon_surprised.gif

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:46am
post #10 of 52

Mice can and will get into almost anywhere; it doesn't mean your not clean. It happens.

Here's my story: back when I had a steady in-home business, we had been there a couple of years and had never seen any mice or bugs, except for the occasional spider. Then, all of sudden a mouse moved in. When I got up one morning, I found mouse poop and pee all over my kitchen counter and INSIDE THE MICROWAVE (I had left the door ajar). GROSS! So, we cleaned and disinfected everything and sent hubby to the store for "humane" glue traps. Well, one morning a few days later, as I come out of my room after showering and getting dressed, my 5 yo daughter tells me there's something squeaking under the stove. I'm in a panic because I'm expecting a bride to come by at any minute, and the darn mouse in squeaking like crazy! When I try to pull the trap out, I see why. Not only is the mouse stuck in the trap, but my daughter decided to try to "help" me and had used the broomhandle to try to get it out from under the stove, but instead had somehow managed to push the trap up and get it stuck to the bottom of the stove! icon_eek.gif

I'm REALLY panicking now, and the doorbell rings, so I just turn the TV up to cover up the squeaking. icon_redface.gif Fortunately, it was not a consutation, she was just dropping off the final payment and topper, so was in and out quick. I managed to get the trap out and tried to remove the mouse humanely, but it was stuck so tight it's leg broke. Then later we came to realize that the mouse had had babies as we continued to have mice for about a month, then between the traps, the cat, and a slamming drawer, we got rid of them all and never had any more.

Fast forward a couple of months or more later. I'm digging thru the drawer of my range for my very rarely used cupcake pan in the bottom. When I get down to it, low and behold, I find each cup neatly filled with dry catfood! icon_eek.gif No wonder the mice had been attracted! My daughter finally confessed that her slightly younger cousin had put the catfood in the pan when she came to stay with us, while I was still asleep one morning. icon_mad.gif Probably the same morning I woke up to discover they had helped themselved to chocolate ice cream cones for breakfast! icon_surprised.gif

Honeychild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeychild Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:01am
post #11 of 52

My DH and I endured a few years of slum apartment living before we were married. Well, one evening I went to put on an oven mit and.....eeeeek, something was in the mit and it took me a minute to register that the thing was wriggling around and moving. I would have loved to have seen myself as I hurled the glove off and grabbed a chair to stand on while I had a heart attack! Of course my DH was on evening shift so I couldn't wait for him to get home. I took the mit, holding the top closed with a vice grip just in case, and threw it over the balcony. I was shaken for quite awhile.

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:32pm
post #12 of 52

These stories are funny. icon_lol.gif Thanks for sharing.

One time, when my husband and I were living in our ghetto apartment, I heard a loud screeching noise outside and opened the door to see what it was. I saw my cat running to the door with a screaming mouse in his mouth and I couldn't close the door fast enough. He ran into our bedroom and dropped the mouse there where it ran under our computer desk. I freaked out but somehow my husband was able to catch it and let it go outside. I guess the cat just wanted some excitement.

eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:06pm
post #13 of 52

speaking of mice......here's my friend's story.

My friend and her husband were active and prominent members at her church. One sunday during the children's story hour the preacher told the kids a story about a mouse. He asked the children if they had seen a real mouse or knew what one was. My friend's little boy raised his hand. She poked her husband asking, "what mouse is this? Is there one in our house?" Husband shrugs...dunno.

So the kid picks up the microphone and says....."There is a mouse in our house. He is really little. I havent seen him but I hear him in my mommy's room. He goes squeak ...squeak...squeak...squeak. He only comes out when my daddy is home though." There was silence and then the audience burst out laughing. She says she doesnt remember a sermon that day, only a lot of singing. The preacher couldn't even keep a straight face.

I guess Serta must have gotten some business later that day.

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:18pm
post #14 of 52

Eww! I only like mice as snake food.....

I just moved into a rental house in July and during the inspection, I was pointing out all the holes and cracks to her and told her they all had to be properly sealed before I moved in and the place had to be sprayed. My kitchen has only a door separating it from the garage. I found out the hard way one night that the landlord didn't spray. I opened the garage door one night while I was bringing groceries in and saw something scurry past my feet..... a cockroach! Not one of those little brown ones either, it was one of those big, red German ones! Well, I found it, killed it and decided to clear out my kitchen and spray (and the garage too...). When I was spraying, I found a little tiny hole about the size of a pen cap and started spraying directly into the hole. About 2 milliseconds later, about 5 small mice started to crawl through! They scattered and went underneath the crack of a door.... the door to a room where I kept my four cats while I was spraying. I shoved a towel to block the crack. After about 30 minutes of audible chaos in the room, everything calmed down and my four predators took care of the problem.

I sealed every little hole and crack that the landlord's contractor missed and sprayed the garage. I haven't had a problem since!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:21pm
post #15 of 52

Thanks Everyone! I needed a good laugh this morning.

Here is my 'mouse tale'. When I was a kid, we lived in a big, fairly new house, in a rural/suburban neighborhood. Wooded backyard. The house was always very clean, but we always had mice in the house, even in the summer. If we did not keep our food in Tupperware, the mice would eat it. Sometimes they even ate through the Tupperware. We had to throw out a lot of food and Tupperware. My mom had lots of Tupperware parties when I was a kid!! My brothers and I would go around the house every morning to check the traps. For some strange reason, we thought it was exciting to find a mouse in a trap! Kids are so strange! Anyway, we had an indoor/outdoor cat. My dad always got up at 4:30 AM to go to work and got ready in the dark so as not to disturb anyone. One morning, he put his shoes on and felt something squishy. The cat had left him a 'gift' of a half eaten mouse! To this day, I never put on my shoes until I shake them out.

Another time, my dad bought those glue traps, thinking they were a good idea. Not really. You cannot get the live mouse unstuck from it. So we had to put the trap with the stuck mouse in a paper gracery bag and we threw a boulder on it to put it out of its misery (didn't want it to starve to death and be cruel). My dad never bought those traps again.

Thankfully, we moved and our new house never had mice, nor does my current house. We do have 3 cute wildlife friends that live outside though (where they can stay!). There's a chimpmunk that lives under our deck and in the garage. He's cute and my daughter has named him "Chippy". Then there's "Hoppy", a big toad/frog that we see every year sitting in our driveway. Each year it gets bigger. I think Hoppy is a girl because we see babies hopping in the grass. And we can't forget the cute bunnies that live under the bushes. The babies like to stick their heads out and eat corn on the cob that we leave for them. They're so cute I just want to hug them! (But I won't, I have a scar on my face from the wild bunny I picked up when I was a kid. Guess I should have listened to my dad when he told me not to touch it! icon_rolleyes.gif )

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:37pm
post #16 of 52

I found little chew marks on a pack of paper towels one night. Set out a trap the next night, went to bed. It wasn't 5 minutes later, heard what I thought was a squeak, but dismissed it immediately...I mean, we juuuuust set the trap 5 minutes ago.

The next morning, poor little mouse, the trap snapped shut at the very tippy tip of his nose, and he suffered there all night. I wanted that mouse gone allright, but felt bad that it happened so brutally. icon_sad.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:50pm
post #17 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by eneq

My friend and her husband were active and prominent members at her church. One sunday during the children's story hour the preacher told the kids a story about a mouse. He asked the children if they had seen a real mouse or knew what one was. My friend's little boy raised his hand. She poked her husband asking, "what mouse is this? Is there one in our house?" Husband shrugs...dunno.

So the kid picks up the microphone and says....."There is a mouse in our house. He is really little. I havent seen him but I hear him in my mommy's room. He goes squeak ...squeak...squeak...squeak. He only comes out when my daddy is home though." There was silence and then the audience burst out laughing. She says she doesnt remember a sermon that day, only a lot of singing. The preacher couldn't even keep a straight face.

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:10pm
post #18 of 52

We live out in the country on some acreage and always have mice in the winter. I don't know HOW they get in as we've had our entire house professionally sealed with foam insulation, yet somehow they find a way. I keep absolutely EVERYTHING in Rubbermaid containers so they don't hang out in the kitchen, but we find evidence of them in our son's room in the basement.

More than droppings, we will find little piles of dog food stashed in his dresser drawers! So now, we have to pick the dogs food up before we go to bed and cover it, otherwise, it's like a buffet for the little critters!

On a more funny note, our second son is absolutely FREAKED OUT by mice (he's 18!). He despises them. Well, our kitty got pregnant before we'd gotten her spayed and had a litter of kittens two years ago and he wouldn't even look at them......I couldn't figure it out, until I realized it was their feet.....newborn kittens feet look just like mouse feet!! You could practically see the hairs standing up on his neck when anyone brought the babies into the living room, and he would promptly exit!

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:16pm
post #19 of 52

Although I know it can happen in any establishment no matter how clean or dirty I think it is absolutely gross to come on a public forum, especially one dedicated to cakes and all things baking, and declare that you found mice in your kitchen area that you sell to the public from. EWWWWW!!

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:21pm
post #20 of 52

I think most people have had mice at one time or another. As a child our house was at the edge of an orchard. We never had mice but our cats would bring mice home after playing with them until they were dead. One night our cat jumped up on the dinner table and as proud as can be gave my mom a present. He dropped a dead little mouse on her dinner plate. Like I said we were kids and to us that was the funniest site in the world. Mom was doing the best heebie geebie dance I have ever seen! We laughed so hard food was flying! Usually the cats just left them on the front door step.

I have not thought of that in years, I think I will give mom a call. icon_biggrin.gif

cakesbymindysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymindysue Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:23pm
post #21 of 52

Mice are cute, but not in my house!

Do you all know mice don't have bladders? So they "go" wherever, whenever, even as they walk they "go." If you ever have a mouse, make sure you are disinfecting any surface they could have reached.

Our house is fairly close to some new construction in a desert area. We've been here just over 2 years and have had mice both years in the fall. The first year was hilarious. My husband is 6'6", 250lbs and we have a 100lb dobe/lab mix. That was a sight watching the two of them chase a mouse around the house. Neither one of them is very coordinated so limbs were going everywhere. This year we added a mini-doxie to the house and he knew mice were here before I did. I'd find him in the kitchen trying to dig under the stove and cabinets or in the laundry room wedged between the dryer and a cabinet with only his tail sticking out going a hundred miles an hour. I never figured out if his tail was going becuae he was scared of being stuck, or excited that he was on the mouse's trail!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:24pm
post #22 of 52

When DH and I were first married, we lived in 'government' housing. It was a relatively new apartment complex. Despite a few residents that had regular police visits and gunshot fire a couple of times a week, the place was clean and my neighbors were great. We were there about 2 months when we noticed the mice. I informed the manager that we spotted mice to which he replied, "you must be mistaken. no mice here. if you think you seen mice, you will have to get rid of them. there's nothing we can do due to all the kids to prevent them"

So, DH and I got traps...all night long for several days... *SNAP!**SNAP!**SNAP!**SNAP!**SNAP!**SNAP!**SNAP!**SNAP!*...

We put them in a doubled up paper grocery bag. After the third day, I had just enough room to fold over the top twice ...about 4-5 inches from the top. The majority of the bag was JUST mice...only the last of the bag included the traps...just couldn't bring myself to reload them one more time.

I left the bag in front of the manager's door on my way out one morning with a note...."There's more where these came from!"

One would think that there was as much if not more danger from mice than from the methods of getting rid of them....

Anyway, we were able to tolerate it for a couple more months then we moved. I'm actually glad they were there....if they hadn't been there we might still be there...THE RENT WAS GREAT!!! LOL

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:49pm
post #23 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by eneq

OMG!!!! I can't stop laughing. That is the funniest story ever!!!!

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:00pm
post #24 of 52

The first house me and my DH moved into after we left home was nice looking, but it was only lipstick on a pig! There were small holes in the floor and the walls in the laundry room. Well we moved in in October and it was close to Halloween so after we carved pumpkins I took the seeds and put them on a half sheet pan on one of the shelves in the l;aundry room to dry. I was hoping I could plant some and actually have them grow! Turned out it wasn't a good idea at all. We were in bed just dozing off one night and I kept hereing some noise in the laundry room. So I got up and looked and there was a whole MICE MAFIA sitting on the shelf eating my pumpkin seeds. I screamed, they screamed( ha ha not really) and we both ran in opposite directions. Well, DH said just stay in here a while and they'll come back and Ill take care of them. Then he pops out of the closet with his paintball gun. YES MAM THATS WHAT I SAID!!!!!!!!!!! PAINTBALL GUN!!!! He was gonna shoot them!! Sounded like a good idea at the time. Well in no time they came back and he creeped down the hall into the laundry room in the dark, and as soon as I saw the light go on..............I had a crawl by shooting in my house! It worked he killed 6 of them but the lovely shade of blue paint on my walls and washer didnt really match with the decor! LOL Of course I used my being pregnant to get out of cleaning that mess up, what with the mousey germs and all! LOL

Sorry so long, hearing about the mouse made me think of this.

Have a happy hollidays peeps! Take care and keep warm!

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:02pm
post #25 of 52

Well, I don't sell my cakes, it's just a newfound hobby. That said, practically everyone has had mice, they just may not see them. Prevention is key such as keeping all food covered and trying to close up as many entryways as possible, but when cooler weather hits they are just looking for a warmer place to have their babies. And yes, when you spot one, you can bet there are five more you haven't seen! As long as food isn't readily available they tend to stick to their private places like in the walls, attic, etc.. It's the food that brings them out where you'll find their "evidence". For those who don't believe me, pull out your stove......you won't believe what you find under there!

And even if you don't have human food available, pet food is just as good for them, so that's why I told my story about the hoarded dog food; they love it(cat food too). Just cover it at night. Because people get mice does not necessarily mean they are unclean, it's what they do AFTER they find evidence of them that determines how clean/unclean they are. Again, prevention is key!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:09pm
post #26 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbymindysue

Do you all know mice don't have bladders? So they "go" wherever, whenever, even as they walk they "go."

Actually they do have bladders, but there is no sphincter muscle to control the urine, so they do pee all the time. Also, the smell is only the male mice - so if all the gentlemen mice could just exit through this door, thank you...

To anyone who thinks they have 'a' mouse in the house, er, well you might want to set some traps. There's never just one.

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:21pm
post #27 of 52

I saw the title and thought for sure this would be about those cute little mouse cookies!!! LOL!! Have a merry christmas guys!!

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:05pm
post #28 of 52

Sorry in advance but this is a long one, but I had to comment.

These posts are funny to read but for me, they actually bring about thoughts of terror. I suffer from Musophobia (fear of mice). I have always been terrified of them, as far as I'm concerned squirrels, rats, hamsters, rabbits, gophers; gerbils are all the same critter, just a different tail. YUCK!!!! It makes my skin literally crawl to think about them. As a child I would be confined to my room in the winter & had food brought to me by my brother & mom. I only left to go potty or to school. We only got them in the house in the winter & I always hated winter. I recently moved back in to the childhood home & since I do bake allot in the house, I regularly check from drippings & any signs of mice. Good lord, I would hate to have to stop baking because of mice, but I don't think I'd be able to eat out of my own kitchen if I found any evidence of uninvited guests. There is not enough bleach, Pine Sol or ammonia in the world. Knock on wood, I haven't seen anything yet. Would you believe it? I work for the state of CA in a 5 floor bldg. & this place is invested with mice, all floors. OMG!!!!! Had I know about this problem when I took his job in January I may not have accepted the offer. I've been told that between 6 pm & 7pm, it's the mouse Olympics. The darn mice come out & run all over the office. I have told management about my phobia & for some reason they don't take me serious. I've already had to act a nut in here when I had worked all day & happened to look under my desk & there was a mouse dead on a trap. WTH!!!!!!! Let's just say my work day ended right then & there. To top it off, when bldg. management came to get it, she had no gloves & no bag, just picked up the trap & walked out, Gross!!! Do you think they are waiting for me to either call the health dept. or just plain go out on disability? I've heard stories of mice crawling up the cubicle partitions, & getting on desks & drinking water out peoples plants. OK, OK , I'm making myself sick now & since I'm at work as I speak I'm gonna be jumpy all day now.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:20pm
post #29 of 52

We have a lot of wild cats around here so we don't have a mouse problem, we also have some "garden" snakes in the spring/summer/fall that keep them away.

We had so many wild cats when we first bought our home that they were nesting in the blackberry bushes in our back yard. When we started cutting it back man they were peeved. We called the humane society and they came and got the ones the could.

Our neighbor caught almost if not all of the rest when he moved in a couple months later. He took them to the shelter and paid for them to be fixed and brought them back home to roam free outside. A few of us chip in every month for the cost of dry food that he keeps in the back corner of his yard in a sheltered area. His reason, they keep the mice away.

Between our non threatening snakes and the wild cats (there's only 3 now) none of us have had a mouse problem... yet.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 12:37am
post #30 of 52

Oh, this thread is so disgusting. icon_biggrin.gif
Like a train wreck...you just have to keep reading.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%