Dh Is Making A Table For Me - Any Suggestions

Decorating By trumpetmidget Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 4:07am by mommakristin

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 2:30am
post #1 of 3

We have a small kitchen - not tiny, tiny, but still small. When I decorate cakes, the kitchen explodes and 90% of the time, we don't eat at the kitchen table because of me. Well, my dh surprised me to tell me he is making me a table for my cake decorating for Christmas. He is going to do it with his dad, who lives 6 hours away, so that is why he told me now. His idea is to do a collapsable (sp?) table that we can set up in the corner where the doors to the basement and garage meet. He wants to make it so it moves easily. He also plans on making it a little higher than a regular table - so I would use a stool to decorate. And, the cool part - he wants to make it so I can rotate the table top like a lazy susan. Also, he is planning on developing some sort of shield thing to put on the table so when I airbrush, it doesn't get everywhere. Is there anything else you think I shoudl tell him to get on there? Also, do any of you have something like this that I can see pics of and give to him. It is only going to be about 30" in diameter or so. I was pretty excited when he told me about it because it would be nice to get off the kitchen table.

2 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 3:55am
post #2 of 3

Lots of storage...drawers for tools, shelves behind doors, a towel bar on the end...so many possibilities!
I am SO jealous that you have a husband who actually does things for you! icon_lol.gif

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:07am
post #3 of 3

thumbs_up.gif I am excited for you!! We have a VERY open kitchen even though its a very good size I still end up exploding all over the kitchen and the kitchen table when making cakes.. Our kitchen opens to the entry way as well as the living room to the hallway. We have what in the south is called a "Great room". I begged when we bought this house 5 yrs ago to close off the kitchen to the front entry way to which my DH said no way! Well this year out of the blue he said that that was going to be my Christmas present from him so that I could add a kitchen island for cake stuff with more counter space for me!! I nearly passed out!!!!

He never ceases to amaze me!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%