Sugar Cookie Dough Storage Time

Baking By jackmo Updated 4 Jan 2009 , 5:33pm by searge

jackmo Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 1:41am
post #1 of 3

i made some sugar cookie dough a few days ago and store it wrapped in a bowl in my fridge. How long can cookie dough keep? Thanks!

2 replies
-Tubbs Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 3

It's probably fine. Give it a sniff and see how it smells. Sometimes it can smell slightly off and I don't like to use it then (although logic tells me it can't really have gone 'bad' in such a short time).

It's better to freeze it if you know you won't be using it for a few days.

searge Posted 4 Jan 2009 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 3

Hope this doesn't get a lot of negative response but I experimented with some left over dough just to see how it would do. As I was doing cookies rather that re-roll the scraps, I put them in a vacuum seal bag then sealed them up. I put them in the fridge and checked them after four weeks. They were fine. I won't try going past this point however. The other nice thing is that I save time without rolling the scraps when I'm making a large batch and the left over dough is still great when I want to toss a batch in the oven just to have here at home. The only thing is I do have to make a larger initial batch of dough, but since it all gets used eventually it's no big deal. Hope that helps. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%