How Long Do You Wait?

Baking By DsLady614 Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 5:27am by shiney

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 12:28am
post #1 of 4

I think I'm getting a grip on how to make my cookies look better. But it leads me to a question.

If you are piping adjoining colors, how long to you wait between colors. For example, the ornament cookies in my gallery, I let the darker color dry overnight before piping the white, but that might be excessive. How long do people wait to make sure the colors don't blend together?

3 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 1:24am
post #2 of 4

yep, overnight sounds right, otherwise you will get bleeding.

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 4:25am
post #3 of 4

Wow! So how do people do it when they are working with several different colors? Seems like it would take days.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 5:27am
post #4 of 4

I've been on a decorating marathon this weekend, I flooded early morning yesterday, did some layering in the evening, and more flooding, then detailing this morning. and I used sprinkles on the christmas trees instead of detailing with RI. I also spray colored some, dries pretty quick, and can detail. (Those are good for folks that don't like sweet-sweet cookies) Another trick is that I made some red RBC, and used that everywhere I could.
Then my DD came in and saw a new creation, and decided that's what she wants to take to her party at work....tomorrow. So, that will just have to bleed, it's light blue and white, so won't be too bad. Two days max for me, I want my cookies served fresh. Drying is crazy, I have several rubbermaid containers, but can only do one layer while they are drying. Again, I won't let the cookies set out, afraid they will dry out. Happy Decorating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%