Not Cake Related But Would Someone Know??

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 1:28am by GI

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 6

My hubby bought me a new Laser printer about 6 months.Everytime I print off my business cards or even something from the web the printer prints any script/fonts with a pink 3D effect background behind the letters.It is really annoying because it blurs your eyes.It is even more annoying on my business cards and cake box label.I have callebrated the printer a few times and everything prints fine but why would it 3D effect all my print...and some photos too!!Where would I got to try and fix this?? I have tried in the computer maintenance area to fix it and the printer too.What could be causing this??

Please help!! It is really annoying!!!

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
rockytop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockytop Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 6

You may have dirty ink heads, depending on the brand there may be a way to clean the heads from the software that came with the printer. Hope this helps. icon_rolleyes.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 6

It sounds more of programming than anything else. Also, is your card stock proper for the printer? Sometimes certain papers will soak up the ink and make it blur.

sparklepopz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklepopz Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 6

You should go to the printer manufacturer's website and search through their support forum. Or enter your query as a general Google or Yahoo question. 99% of my tech support questions are answered this way. icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 6

Did you have to run a initial diagnostic? My printer has me go through this whole rigamarole to make sure the ink is in right and that the heads are lined up. It sounds like something's not lined up. It could be a defect in the printer, but mosre than likely it's something simple.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 1:28am
post #6 of 6

Try this website:

www.fixyourownprinter.com

If it is "ghosting" then you'll need to narrow down the source. Are you using rebuilt toners? I've seen that issue before. Did you do a test/ Put a sheet of paper on the manual feeder and press the button for a self test. When the paper is almost all the way in, open the toner door to stop the printing. Remove the toner cartridge and look at the image on the paper. If the defect is there it is the toner cartridge.

HTH! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%