Starting A Cake Club?

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 21 Dec 2008 , 6:55pm by Monkess

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 5

I've heard that there are a few cake clubs around. Does anyone have an idea of how to start one and what's involved? I'm a stay at home mom and would really like to get out of the house for a night out of the week and just talk "Cake". Funny but no really I mean the whole idea sounds neat it could really be a learning experience too. Anyways if you belong to a club let me know how it works I just might get started. Thanks!

4 replies
panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 5

I guess I should've mentioned I'm in California, Central Valley to be exact. Thanks again.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 5

I live in southeastern Ky. I do belong to a wonderful cake club that has been around for many, many years. I believe it was just started on the premise that a bunch of devoted interested cake decorators, hobbyist and professional, would gather and talk cake once a month. They do kind of keep to the parlimentary procedures with keeping of the meetings minutes, president, vice pres, secretary, treasurer, etc. The first half of the meeting we discuss ways to create further interest in the cake world and the other half we usually have demo's. Some from group members and other demo's from higher level professionals. I love it.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 5

There are cake clubs in NYC and NJ through Meetup.com. Maybe there's one near you? If not, this might help get you started. Here's the link

http://www.meetup.com/njcakedecoratorsclub/

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 5

Great website, makes it so easy to startup! Am seriously contemplating starting one...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%