Wholesale Suppliers???

Business By AZCakeGirl Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 3:24am by sayhellojana

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 5:35am
post #1 of 17

Does anybody know of any wholesale suppliers other than CK Products? My business is very small so I only use them once in a while & just barely make the $100 minimum order most of the time. I'm very happy with CK, but was thinking earlier today about the economy & how so many business are going under. If for any reason CK went out of business, I'd be at a complete loss on where to get my supplies! It would also be nice to have a 2nd place to shop as well. Thanks for any info! icon_smile.gif

16 replies
Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 17

Where are you located?

AZCakeGirl Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 17

I am in Arizona, but I'm not really looking for anything local. I'm out in the middle of nowhere so whether it's 20 or 20,000 miles I'll have to pay for shipping. Anyplace in the US should work if you know of someplace.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 17

are there any other cakers in your area where you can combine orders to meet the min? can you 'save up' and order from them once a quarter instead of once a week or once a month, buying enough supplies to last you 3 months, enabling you to easily meet the min?

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 17

Good question I'm in California in the Central Valley if anyone knows of a wholesale supplier here for cake stuff. Thanks!

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 5:45pm
post #6 of 17

What supplies are you looking for exactly?

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 17

Pfeil and Holing has a $50.00 minimum and has tons of stuff. Shipping is the real cost and therefore fairly reasonable.
http://www.cakedeco.com

AZCakeGirl Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 9:04pm
post #8 of 17

Great, thanks! I'm not really too concerned with the minimum order because like suggested, I can order ahead of time to make the requirements. I'm really just looking for a backup source that has anything from pans, drums, supports, boxes, ingredients, etc........

gr8cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8cakemaker Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 1:43am
post #9 of 17

maybe try cateringsupplies.com they sell things wholesale or you can stock up on just a few. They have alot of different options HTH

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:04am
post #10 of 17

decopac doesn't have a min. order....and if you order over 70 bucks...free shipping!

AZCakeGirl Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 6:27am
post #11 of 17

Wonderful, thank you so much for the info! I will look into both of those as well. icon_biggrin.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 12:01pm
post #12 of 17

I doubt CK will go out of business, but I use bakery crafts for many of the cake boards and such. And shipping is free. Boxes I buy locally, but there are lots of places online to buy boxes!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 12:01am
post #13 of 17

If you aren't able to make a $150 minimum, then you really don't qualify for a "wholesale" account with most places, because wholesale implies a volume discount.

With Pfeil and Holing, if you don't order $150, you have to pay shipping, and that is the lowest I know of.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 12:20am
post #14 of 17

www.cakecraftshoppe.com wholesales also

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 12:30am
post #15 of 17

I buy my cake drums and gumpaste flowers from Avalon deco they do have a 50.00 minimum but they are super nice and quick shippers.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:08am
post #16 of 17

I just opened a supply shop in Northern California, and I use Linneas as well as CK. www.linneasinc.com.

I actually have not been very impressed by CK. It seems like I order something, then they send whatever the h*** they want, whenever the h*** they want! I finally figured out that I needed to put backorder instructions on EVERYTHING I order. Also, they have sent stuff I have NOT ordered, then not sent a RA after many requests, THEN called to ask why I never returned the item! Um, HELLO? Maybe I just need a good contact there...

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 3:24am
post #17 of 17

Well, I've ordered from Cakedeco.com and was happy with them. It's not exactly wholesale, but it's much cheaper than most sites. Or if you are interested in Indydebi's suggestion, I am in AZ as well and if we are close enough, I would totally be willing to combine orders. (scottsdale)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%