A Little (Ok. A Lot) Frustrated!

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 12:39am by tracycakes

CakesbyBecca Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:50am
post #1 of 5

My neighbor volunteers at one of the grade schools in town and she asked me if I would like to donate a cake for the teacher appreciation luncheon they were putting on. I was thrilled to do it. I can use all the practice I can get. I thought about sending business cards with her to put near the cake, but decided against it, since I'm just a hobbyist, don't have a certified kitchen to use and live in a state where you aren't allowed to sell baked goods from home. My neighbor said they LOVED the cake (first one in my pics) and several people asked why I didn't put out business cards. ARGH! icon_mad.gif Because I live in a state that makes it so freakin' hard to build a business without a ton of money! I know the laws are there for a reason and that they do protect the consumer. I'm just frustrated because I want to be able to sell NOW, instead of being patient and jumping through all the hoops. Oh, well. Patience is a virtue and I just need a bit more of it icon_confused.gif Oh, and it doesn't help that the kitchen I found to rent is now full icon_cry.gif I waited too long and now I have to find a kitchen somewhere else icon_sad.gif

4 replies
Juds2323 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 4:02am
post #2 of 5

I totally understand what you mean. I live in cali and would love to start this from my home but I'm so afraid of not being legal it's just going to have to wait.

So, I just wanted to let you know I totally know where you are coming from. Great job on the cake!

Judi

becky27 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 4:04am
post #3 of 5

omg becca i totally get it...it sucks being in a state that makes everything so difficult!!! hang in there things will work out soon!!!!

tracycakes Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 12:34am
post #4 of 5

Yeah, me too. We can have a separate, licensed kitchen but my hubby is NOT giving up the garage. I need the insurance that I have with my company now so it doesn't make sense to open a bakery yet. It is frustrating.

tracycakes Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 12:39am
post #5 of 5

Yeah, me too. We can have a separate, licensed kitchen but my hubby is NOT giving up the garage. I need the insurance that I have with my company now so it doesn't make sense to open a bakery yet. It is frustrating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%