I Need Help Tonight!!!(Long)

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 21 Dec 2008 , 3:46am by this-mama-rocks

CherylAnn Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:08am
post #1 of 8

I have a cake order to do for a couple of girls that are finally coming home to their grandmother after having lost their father in an accident and being sent to live with their grandfather.

The grandmother had raised the kids up until the accident, but... through the judicial ($$) system lost them and will be regaining custody of them as of monday!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

She has ask me to make a 1/4 sheet cake to serve at their little coming home party and will also have two small santa cakes on each side of this cake. Since their will be santa cakes already im at a loss as what to do with this cake to make it blend in but still be child like. Thanks for your help in advace, and Merry Christmas to all.

7 replies
fba322 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:16am
post #2 of 8

Going with the Santa theme, why not decorate it as a wrapped gift? Or you could make a fondant Santa bag to sit on top of it and decorate the cake to look like a roof (with the bag sitting on it) or like it is the ground covered in snow and Santa sat his bag down in the snow. Just a few quick thoughts!

liapsim Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:19am
post #3 of 8

I'm with making it look like a gift and maybe make a little tag hanging from the bow that says To: "the girls' names" from: Grandma

KathysCC Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:27am
post #4 of 8

Take a look at cakery's gallery. She does some wonderful Christmas sheet cakes. You can trace almost any Christmas character or scene on a sheet cake and fill it in with buttercream. Cakery's buttercream borders are the best too, easy to do but very fancy looking. She has some new Christmas cakes on her first album page and some more really cute ones on page 5 of her gallery.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=allby&uname=Cakery&pageID=1

-K8memphis Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:30am
post #5 of 8

I like the gift box idea.

The only thing I could think of is a Christmas wreath with holly & berries and a banner across it saying Welcome Home..

Y'know what else--kinda corny but y'know the "All He (Jesus) Wants For Christmas" procduct line? And it's a mirror because all He wants for Christmas is you.

The inscription could be "All Grandma Wants For Christmas".

Y'know you could mount a mirror onto a cardboard circle and place it on the cake first and pipe the wreath around it--place a small banner that says welcome home and on the side of the cake write All She Wants For Christmas...and the kids could look in the mirror?? Corny corny corny.

Still yet I like the package cake the best.

That's just what happens when I let my imagination get away with me. icon_redface.gif

kakeladi Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:39am
post #6 of 8
GI Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:45am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Take a look at cakery's gallery. She does some wonderful Christmas sheet cakes. You can trace almost any Christmas character or scene on a sheet cake and fill it in with buttercream. Cakery's buttercream borders are the best too, easy to do but very fancy looking. She has some new Christmas cakes on her first album page and some more really cute ones on page 5 of her gallery.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=allby&uname=Cakery&pageID=1

I really like her "Joyous Noel" cake. I mean, isn't what this is all about? Joyous Christmas Homecoming" icon_biggrin.gif

Page 5, 3rd one down "Christmas Snowman" is the title, is very cute, too. Perhaps use Pink Scarf to represent the 2 girls.

What a happy event!

this-mama-rocks Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 3:46am
post #8 of 8

I love k8memphis' idea of the mirror!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%