Oreo Cookie Mold And Cancer Fundraiser

Decorating By hammer1 Updated 21 Dec 2008 , 12:13am by angelatx

hammer1 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 3

my students and i wanted to raise some money to benefit the cancer society, thanks to this forum we raised over 600 dollars. what did we do? we bought the oreo cookie mold with the ribbon on top. we made the ribbons pink and the cookies dark chocolate or white chocolate. one cookie was packed in a small decorative cardboard box. on top the box was a sticker wishing each high school, junior high school, administrator and support staff a merry Christmas. they were then asked to fill the box with change, bills or a check and return it to me. We have a staff member who fighting her final battle with cancer, we hope she will win, but it is uncertain. My students decided to send her whatever we raised as a gift. a change in our plan but one that was very well received. we made about 200 cookies and received much back in return. just thought you guys would like to know how you helped a staff member in our school. thanks to those who brought the oreo cookie mold to my attention. God bless all of you.
hammer1

2 replies
KathyTW Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 12:09am
post #2 of 3

That is so awesome....congratulations !!!!

angelatx Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 12:13am
post #3 of 3

hi hammer, that is such an awesome story, thnx for posting it and happy that you all made money. i also hope she does well and gets better. she will for sure be in my prayers. my grndmther had breast cancer when she died. so best of luck and God bless her. Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%