Bridal Show Unlicensed?

Business By montanabaker Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 10:06pm by costumeczar

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:20am
post #61 of 70

I'm all for it. Let's do what Indydebi suggested. I'm all about dropping dimes on corrupt politicians!

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:25pm
post #62 of 70

If we want the politicians "help" in this matter, (and thats exactly what we would need....) I don't think mentioning "dropping the dime on corrupt ones" is the route we should go. icon_cool.gif Ever heard of "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?" icon_wink.gif

Tita9499 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:16pm
post #63 of 70

No, but I have heard of the expression, "Watch your friends, but beat your enemies so they don't get back up"... that's what they taught us growing up in the Bronx anyway. I JUST KIDDING...it was a joke. I've only lived in El Paso for less than a year, I have no idea who's corrupt.

Santa_Kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Santa_Kitchen Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 6:41am
post #64 of 70

I was reading the post and recommend to everyhomebaker that actually find more about this, in fact here you can find a post about states who license homebase cakedecorators. GA is one of them, but the twist is very is funny. You can actually sell cakes at event like farmers markets, statenfairs and fund raising, but they have to be label as "These product is Home Made and not subject to state inspection", and incomes can't exceed $10,000 per year. http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/versions/sb96_LC_25_4566S_hss_5.htm, I actually went to a lawyer to verify the info, and it was true. GA do not license home base bakers, but its willing to let them bake and have earnings and still under the law, but under certains conditions. Everyone who need more information, contact your own state goverment offices, the internet and go deep verifying if it affect you or not!!!

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 7:09am
post #65 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa_Kitchen

I was reading the post and recommend to everyhomebaker that actually find more about this, in fact here you can find a post about states who license homebase cakedecorators. GA is one of them, but the twist is very is funny. You can actually sell cakes at event like farmers markets, statenfairs and fund raising, but they have to be label as "These product is Home Made and not subject to state inspection", and incomes can't exceed $10,000 per year. http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/versions/sb96_LC_25_4566S_hss_5.htm, I actually went to a lawyer to verify the info, and it was true. GA do not license home base bakers, but its willing to let them bake and have earnings and still under the law, but under certains conditions. Everyone who need more information, contact your own state goverment offices, the internet and go deep verifying if it affect you or not!!!

Take the comma off the URL to see the page. icon_biggrin.gif

Tita9499 Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 8:32pm
post #66 of 70

Did anyone from TX find out if we have something like this?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 8:46pm
post #67 of 70

Something like what Georgia has? No. It's illegal in Texas to sell food made from your home's kitchen. Periold. icon_sad.gif

Tita9499 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 2:30am
post #68 of 70

DOGGONE IT!! I can't wait for my DH to get out of the Army!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 5:34pm
post #69 of 70

Okay I haven't read through the entire thread and perhaps this has already been addressed, but I will ask anyway -- if you are operating under the state's cottage food laws, and are not licensed, are you still allowed to enter these shows?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 10:06pm
post #70 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Okay I haven't read through the entire thread and perhaps this has already been addressed, but I will ask anyway -- if you are operating under the state's cottage food laws, and are not licensed, are you still allowed to enter these shows?

You can in Virginia, but the final product hasto be clearly labelled "this product was produced in a non-inspected facility," and I don't know how that would go over with brides. You have to tell the client that, and you have to tell the reception site that. It sounds like a good way to get blacklisted from certain venues. And to have brides scatter like rats fleeing the sinking ship if you were at a bridal show.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%