Dont Punch My Box!

Decorating By cakedivamommy Updated 23 Jan 2009 , 4:44pm by shiney

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:06pm
post #31 of 109

Wow! I can't get over the shock of this event! Every post office has a Postmaster General and a Postal Inspector. You just need to find out who they are in your area and file a formal complaint.

I get my mail through a military post office and we are soooo lucky to have the very best postal employees in the states who handle our mail and bundle it up. They are totally awesome and they are the civilian post office employees. I'm thankful none of them are like the horrible people you had to deal with.

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:10pm
post #32 of 109

Your cookies were beautiful. I would pursue this further and make sure they paid for BOTH batches of cookies, your time and shipping charges to get them where they needed to be or the TV station would be my next phone call along with a call to the postmaster. Keep us posted on this.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:27pm
post #33 of 109

I agree document & photograph everything, the box, the cookies. Find out the supervisior's name who you talked too. File a complaint with the USPS and your local police (destruction of property). Finally call your local tv station. Not worth anything, my A**!!! MY G** that just pisses me off!! So sorry for you.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:34pm
post #34 of 109

The nerve of him! How dare he do that...even if he was trying to convince you how "sturdy" their boxes are. I would have made such a scene in that place and would have told them they better call the COPS because if they didnt Iwould have and the TV Station! OMG I wonder if I should send my sister her package through them now?????

And the boss???? OMG I would have had her head on a plate by the time I left that place. You should seriously file as many formal complaints as you can..AND tell them the package was for a paying customer!!!!

The nerve of her to say they werent as valuable! If I were you I would go back there today with an invoice and the damaged cookies and talked to the General Manager there and let them know they WILL be reimbursing you for the damaged the idiot did!

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:46pm
post #35 of 109

What nerve, I had mailed out a car payment about 3 weeks before it was due and in the mail, the day it was due was my check to the car place in a CLEAR plastic bag with a sorry accidents happen. I had to pay $24 bucks to get it overnighted and then still had to pay late fees as it wasn't there before noon the next day. I didn't say anything but I was really upset that the check was in a clear baggie. Note or not. Grrrr, I asked myself, how many people got my account number from that. I went and closed the account and informed the bank about it. Needless to say, I don't send thru the usps for anything important. Sorry this happened to you. Keep us up to date on what happens.....

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:54pm
post #36 of 109

LOCAL TV stations??? icon_eek.gif

The heck with them...I'd go straight to the TODAY show!!! icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

What a Grinch!

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:00pm
post #37 of 109

Even if you were not selling them you could gather information on what it would have cost to purchase custom cookies and push for the USPS to reimburse you. I would not let this go, I can not wait to hear how this turns out.

I have always shipped any packages with UPS. They are just as rough on packages as any other carrier I suppose, but they give you the first $100 of insurance for free. Any claims I have had to make have always been taken care of very quickly, even when it was because I did not package very well. One time they delivered a package or should I say left it on the front porch next to some wood. Well it snowed pretty heavy after they delivered. I filed a claim, they reimbursed and we found the package in spring. icon_lol.gif

kayjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayjess Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:00pm
post #38 of 109

I know this is totally off topic, but just further proof that the post office can be really messed up.. I ordered a gift online from Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving and got an e-mail the following Monday that it had shipped, including the tracking number, and that at the latest, I should have it by Dec. 8th... below is the tracking information for this package (oh, and obviously I STILL have not received it!!!! icon_evil.gif ) The oldest date is on the bottom....

Processed, December 16, 2008, 7:55 am, CINCINNATI, OH 45235
Processed, December 15, 2008, 8:25 am, CINCINNATI, OH 45235
Processed, December 13, 2008, 8:12 pm, FOREST PARK, IL 60130
Processed, December 12, 2008, 2:39 am, CINCINNATI, OH 45235
Processed, December 11, 2008, 12:55 pm, CINCINNATI, OH 45235
Processed, December 10, 2008, 2:08 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Processed, December 09, 2008, 9:59 am, CINCINNATI, OH 45235
Processed, December 07, 2008, 7:48 am, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Processed, December 06, 2008, 11:09 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Processed, December 03, 2008, 5:54 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Processed, December 02, 2008, 9:34 am, CINCINNATI, OH 45235
Shipment Accepted; December 02, 2008, 2:04 am, CINCINNATI, OH 45235
Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 02, 2008

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:09pm
post #39 of 109

Your cookies were so pretty and reading this made me so angry for you! I can't even imagine what would've happened to that guy had it been my cookies he destroyed. I'm assuming he'd be in the hospital and I would be sitting happily in jail. icon_twisted.gif

Now, I am DYING to know if you have pursued this further?! I really hope you did. Please update us!!!

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:14pm
post #40 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanaC

I'm anxious to hear how this ended. I would still be cleaning his splean from beneath my fingernails.

OMG!!!!! Now that was funny. I'm so sorry that fool did that to you, & I mean he was a real Jerk & I'm being nice about that. God knows not to allow things like that to happen to me. I have no patience for foolishness & surely no money to post my bail when I mame & injure someone for being stupid. You were good though for allow him to punch that box more than once. On like popcorn is an understatement. When I got through beating that fool he would've been begging for water. Let us know how it turned out & I hope you call the authorities. Someone needs to be held accountable & it wouldn't be cheap.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:30pm
post #41 of 109

I would have punched him! I as a few others have said would have gone to jail...LOL! Definitely do as many things possible to get refunded on the cookies. Provide an invoice of how much you would charge for these cookies. It doesn't matter if it was a relative, the post office doesn't know that, it should be treated as you the customer requests! I would file as others have suggested against the automatic $100 insurance.

justjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justjess Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 8:34pm
post #42 of 109

omg I would be livid!!! I'm also dying to know if you pursued it further. I certainly would!

scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 9:40pm
post #43 of 109

I would have punched him in the face (and maybe a second time for good measure), and when he freaked out, just innocently said... "Well, I thought your face looked pretty sturdy...". icon_twisted.gif

Seriously though, he's a total jerk, as is his boss, and I would be going up as far as I can with a formal complaint. I agree with calling the local TV & radio stations, and it wouldn't hurt to file a complaint with the police as well!

Please let us know how this turns out for you!

lmpedersen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmpedersen Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 10:05pm
post #44 of 109

Dh just mentioned that you could go after him for destruction of private mail. That would be a felony. Good luck with this! ((((Hugs))))

Someonesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Someonesmommy Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 10:42pm
post #45 of 109

OMG!!! I would've taken every cookie out of the box and shoved them up his rear! Let's see how sturdy your COLON is buddy!

I'd call every TV station in earshot, every radio station, my local BBB, and the Pope at the Vatican!

SOMEONE WOULD BE PAYING FOR SOME DANGED OREOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean after all....you did have about $500 worth of work in that box, right?

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 3:26am
post #46 of 109

I'm all for going to the TV stations as well... You guys arent kidding about the 7 On Your Side thing-- give Ross McLaughin and Leon Harris something to talk about!! Hah! ...Definately check into it and see if there's something like this in your area!! Take it as high up the postal ladder as you can. You cant just destroy someones property and then say "Oh, it's JUST this worthless thing"--just bc somethings worthless to them doesnt make it so. Don't let it go!!

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 3:17pm
post #47 of 109

Please update this and tell us what you have done for justice!!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 2:15am
post #48 of 109

OM! what an a$$ I would have gone to jail after beating this man to within an inch of his stupid life! My work isn't valuable? I'll show you what's of value as I choked her with one
of my cookies!! So what did you end up doing?

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 2:56am
post #49 of 109

It's crazy that the "manager" says that it was just cookies..... This man will probably be the one read or see on the national news when he flips out and takes this aggression one step further and does go "postal" on his fellow employees.

Yea I would definitely have made a HUGE scene right then and there!! He would have crawled home that night..

Good luck and I look forward to hearing an update..

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 4:16am
post #50 of 109

Your cookies were beautiful and I would definetly file a complaint. I can't believe the audacity of the supervisor. Both of them needs to be fired.

Merry Christmas and keep us updated.

MaloSlatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 5:37am
post #51 of 109

Just want to offer my support and second everyone else's comments your works is VERY valuable and your cookies are absolutely beautiful. Do not let this slide, your time is worth more than that.

Merry Christmas

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:22am
post #52 of 109

What idiots...if you told him more than once that it was fragile cargo why on earth would he go out of his way to punch the darn box?! I don't understand people sometimes.

I would definately go to UPS or FedEx....i honestly hate US Postal Service, their customer service is horrible at times. I had ordered some shoes for my son and I checked online and it stated that the item was picked up and signed for but i know that i never picked the item up because it was suppose to be delivered. Well I called and talked to one of their reps and this idiot had the nerve to hang up on me. I was so pissed and still to this day i didn't receive those shoes. Our postman said that he has witnessed alot of theft in the post office. I would no doubt from now on ship with UPS or FedEx!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 6:55pm
post #53 of 109

USPS lost a box last week.

We have the origin of it scanned but nothing after that. It's disappeared off the radar.

Amazon.com worked with him yesterday morning and said that they would try to get a new shipment back out to him that day.

Late last night he received notification the package was in route via UPS with a delivery date of today. We were shocked that with all the other last minute orders that they actually were able to rush our reorder out and didn't charge us anything extra for overnight shipping.

The mailman delivered a box from my sister yesterday and I mentioned the missing box to him and he said he'd help us out if it doesn't show up by weeks end. He said this time of year smaller boxes get lost in the shuffle an bags of mail get put in front of them and it shouldn't happen but it does and then after the Christmas rush they are found and sent on.

As for your situation though.... seriously!? He punched the box? I'd have felt sick to my stomache and thrown up on him. (then with my luck I would have been arrested for assult with bodily fluids or something).

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 7:26pm
post #54 of 109

Beautiful cookies................I don't even know what to say....I can just see him punching the box, and punching the box. I would have stood there with my mouth open...thinking "What the h...... is going on?

Take it as far as you have to.......Keep us updated. You deserve full and beyond, compensation for your time, materials, and mental anguish.

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 3:29am
post #55 of 109

I am sorry it has taken so long for a reply but I was hoping to be able to post more than I am. I have sent a formal complaint (to who I dont know) from the USPS website. It looked like a general complaint form online, which I filled out completely. I have yet to receive a reply to my email, not sure who actually gets the messages whether it is the main branch in this area or if it goes somewhere else. If I do not hear anything back (and I am not expecting too seeing as tomorrow is Xmas) by Friday I am going to march my happy butt right in there WITH an invoice for the cookies and the overnight shipment with UPS and if they do not want to compensate me for my time and materials then I will drive my butt over to the local new station (less than 2 miles away) and let them know what is going on. I do not know if I have not gotten a reply because of the holidays of if they are seeing if I will let this slide under the rug, but for all of us cakers out there I CANT!!!!

I was able to remake all of the cookies after a sleepless night and my WONDERFUL DH helping me. They have arrived at their destination SAFELY with UPS. I have learned my lesson, if you have to ship anything of any value do not use USPS!!!!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 5:11am
post #56 of 109

If you would have purchased these to send, and they would destroy it, would they not have to pay for it because it's just flour and sugar? Who cares what it's made from, they have monetary and sentimental value, after all they are "representing" you at the wedding!!

ETA: This is the problem w/ the postal service. They take their merry time, not caring how long the lines are. Instead of taking about 2 1/2 seconds to slap on a few stickers, he is trying to "teach" you a lesson which took who-knows how long and destroyed your hard work. He probably was still hung over from the office party the night before. thumbsdown.gif

TheCakeGirl87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeGirl87 Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 5:47am
post #57 of 109

I am really sorry that this happend to you! I would also be in jail if that happend to me, you have more control then I do!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Dec 2008 , 5:59am
post #58 of 109

I'm glad the cookies got there safely anyway...they were sure gorgeous! Now keep us posted as to what the post office tells you! This should be interesting.

As a side note....the poster who mentioned the handpainted glass craft lady where the boy deliberately rammed his bike into her table???? I can NOT imagine.....

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:35am
post #59 of 109

That all sounds horrible! Please let us know about the 2nd follow up!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 31 Dec 2008 , 1:48am
post #60 of 109

Sounds to me like someone needs a free karate lesson...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%