Luster Dust Glaze

Decorating By butterfly831915 Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 7:05pm by butterfly831915

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 6

Okay, I know I sound kinda silly but some questions about luster dust.
I can't seem to locate it around me (just Wilton pearl dust) so I am looking around online.

I found a luster dust glaze and it says there was no need to mix it as it is ready to go. Cool, works for me but....It is 20grams for $3.00. Is that a good price? I have no clue how much 20grams would cover. I don't usually buy stuff like this but really want to put the silver and gold touches on things and don't want to waste my money.

Could anyone help me out with this stuff. Total newbie when it comes to this. I have used the pearl dust dry to give a bit of a sprinkle.

Thanks,
Christina

5 replies
butterfly831915 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 6

Bump for some help...

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 6

I just started using thie Pearl Glaze...I like it and it seems to go a long way. It seems to go on a little easier than the powder too. Today I even added a little tny bit of gel color to the glaze and it was a nice faint color wash.

It has a heavy mint smell which I prefer over Vodka (silly me!) but it does seem to make whatever I'm coating a little sticky and takes a little longer to dry.

The upside for me is that I hate opening the little tiny jars of pearl dust that I have - I just know one of these days I'm going to pop the lid and the whole thing is going to fly out of my hands.

HTH

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 1:01am
post #4 of 6

I've never used the glaze, only the dust so I can't really help you on that but I read kathytw's response and I laughed so hard. I did that with a bottle of claret wine luster dust. Dumped it all down the front of my shirt and had to wash it twice to get it all out. Since then I've been using bottle openers to get the caps off... alot easier!

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 2:07am
post #5 of 6

stephaniescakenj: THATS A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif I never thought of that - I just use my teeth (ouch!!) icon_surprised.gif

KathyTW

butterfly831915 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks you guys... Anyone else with any input? I am going to order this stuff with my Christmas money so I want to make sure it is something that is going to work. Thanks much.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%