What Commercial Refridgerator Brands To Look At?

Business By Sweetstuff2 Updated 29 Dec 2008 , 8:25pm by cakebabie

Sweetstuff2 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 7

I'm in the process of putting together a business plan for a small bakery. I've decided on most equipment (e.g Deluxe oven, display cabinets, racks, sinks, etc...); but I'm undecided on the best brand of refridgerator to look into.

I'm not even certain how to go about determining how much space I need (e.g. how many cubic inches) - the footprint isn't a big issue as the space I'm looking at is large. I think I don't need a walk-in (?) and will have maybe 3 - 4 tiered cakes and a few sheet cakes at the same time.

If anyone can offer some insight on what fridge they use it will be most appreciated!!

6 replies
iamlis Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 1:40am
post #2 of 7

TRUE is a great brand. In my experience Frigidaire (From Lowe's) stunk.

leah_s Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 4:15am
post #3 of 7

Yeah, I was also going to say True. They're the standard for refrigerators and freezers.

Mike1394 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 7

Whatever you look at get the one with the best warrenty on the compressor.

Monkess Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 7

We have a True and other than some minor issues in the first year, that were covered in the warranty it has been good. We have a walk in and that is some work to maintain plus a whole lot more expensive. I agree with Mike - make sure you get a good warranty on the compressor; I had to junk a pop cooler last month because the compressor gave way just at the end of the one year warranty (built to last the term?) and the cost of replacing that alone is as much as a new one! Good luck with your biz plan.

Sweetstuff2 Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 7

Some great information you have all provided. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! thumbs_up.gif

cakebabie Posted 29 Dec 2008 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 7

I had not heard of this brand. I will check them out because I am also working on a plan. My place is really small. I was wondering what you all recommend on display cases because I may not have room for one. Could I get by with a non-refrigerated countertop case? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%