Guess What Dh Bought Me For Christmas??!!!???!!!

Decorating By Launa Updated 3 Jan 2009 , 11:09pm by twinsmake5

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 2:45am
post #1 of 18

I can't believe this....I am so excited!!! My DEAR husband of 23 WONDERFUL years just ordered a Cuisinart 7-quart mixer for me!!! He had no idea that this is the mixer I've been wanting for several months now!! You see, I have a KA 4.5 quart mixer, which is wonderful, but it's also been around for 23 WONDERFUL years! My mom and dad gave it to us for our wedding!! So it's seen better days!! In fact, the wire whip just broke and I ordered a new one last week...oh well...but the whole mixer is dying a slow and painful death. It whines when it makes buttercream (or anything else, for that matter!!). Anyway, I just had to tell my CC family because I know ya'll would jump for joy with me!!!

Merry CHRISTmas everyone!!
Launa

17 replies
jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 2:57am
post #2 of 18

That was very sweet of him....you better keep him around another 23 years!! lol Don't count your KA out just yet, I have two mixers and use them both!!
Happy Caking!

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:00am
post #3 of 18

Yeah!!! Do you think he will buy me a stove? LOL
I just got an eddible image printer for my birthday/christmas. (the lady I nanny for gave it to me) I'm so happy! It works great so far! Added bonus is that none of my friends have one so I can sell to them by the sheet. icon_smile.gif
I wouldn't survive without my KA so I'm sure you are sooooooooooo happpppppppy!
Jen...

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:10am
post #4 of 18

Someone in my family.. I don't know who yet.. either the dear boyfriend or dear mother.. bought me a 5qt KA for Christmas... I saw the rebate offer sitting on the printer!!

Boy oh boy am I excited!! I wish I didn't know.. but at least I know they finally listened to my not-so-subtle hints begging for one for the past year!

Woo hoo!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:18am
post #5 of 18

For Christmas 2007, my husband bought me the Wilton Master Course -- 10 straight days of cake decorating!!! I hadn't asked or hinted for it, it was totally his idea. He's always been a great gift giver. I just wish my cakes looked like they were made by a Master Course graduate . . . notice I haven't uploaded any!!!

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:19am
post #6 of 18

My hubby went Christmas shopping all day for me today...not sure what he got but he sure did wait until the last minute! I can't wait to see what he got though!

But in case your hubby is feeling super generous, I could seriously use an airbrush gun and machine! LOL....

Glad you got a great gift...Merry Christmas!

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:31am
post #7 of 18

Yay! I got one for Christmas this year, too. I had some cakes to make and so it was given to me early. I love it and I'm sure you will, too. Earlier this evening I was shopping with someone who wanted to buy me a gift. I really wanted something to keep my growing cake decorating supplies in, but I wasn't crazy about the wilton products. (I can't think of the name of it right now... but the big carrier thing.) Anyway, I ended up in Home Depot and found the perfect tool box. Not decorator attractive, but functional!

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:32am
post #8 of 18

Yay! I got one for Christmas this year, too. I had some cakes to make and so it was given to me early. I love it and I'm sure you will, too. Earlier this evening I was shopping with someone who wanted to buy me a gift. I really wanted something to keep my growing cake decorating supplies in, but I wasn't crazy about the wilton products. (I can't think of the name of it right now... but the big carrier thing.) Anyway, I ended up in Home Depot and found the perfect tool box. Not decorator attractive, but functional!

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:45am
post #9 of 18

You will LOVE LOVE LOVE your new friend! I got one a few months ago and love it. What are you going to name it? Have you decided if it's a boy or a girl? I named mine Buddy and have I mentioned that I love him!!! lol icon_biggrin.gif

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:50am
post #10 of 18

That is awesome!

My husband just informed me tonight that my gift got lost with Fed Ex and he had to contact the company he bought it from. What fun!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:52am
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launa

I can't believe this....I am so excited!!! My DEAR husband of 23 WONDERFUL years just ordered a Cuisinart 7-quart mixer for me!!!

Wow!! 50% bigger bowl! It's like going from a Volkswagon to an SUV! (Hope you got him something better than a tie! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 4:20am
post #12 of 18

I was told to avoid global sugar art. I gave him my log in and password and told him there was a wish list there.

As of last payday I was banned from it by him.

icon_surprised.gif

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 8:49pm
post #13 of 18

Isn't it great when hubby's support our cake obsessions?? I got a 7qt KA last Christmas and this year he bought me the coolest rolling cart to store my decorating stuff. The top is even tall enough for me at 6' to do my decorating on!

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 9:07pm
post #14 of 18

My husband is very sweet and we are all going to Disney World for Christmas...but secretly I would have rather gotten a new mixer! icon_smile.gif Not to sound ungrateful or anything...but Disney World is really a lot of work (with a three year old daughter) for me as much as play...

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 21 Dec 2008 , 7:30pm
post #15 of 18

That is awesome! Your dh deserves a big kiss for that one!

Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 2 Jan 2009 , 6:49pm
post #16 of 18

We've been out of town for awhile, and it's so nice to come back and see that my CC family is as excited as I am about my new mixer!! Sure looks great on my counter...now I just have to find the time to watch the DVD and figure out how to use the thing! I put my KA next to it and, WOW! What a difference in size!

Oh, and yes, I got him more than just a tie! Earlier in the Fall, I got him a chiropractic grade back massager since he has bone spurs in his shoulders and is always wanting me to give him a massage. Actually, we're all enjoying the benefits of it....really feels good after a long night of decorating!! I also pre-bought the movie "Fireproof" for him. It's our new favorite movie. If ya'll haven't seen it yet, it's a winner and a must see!

Thanks for being excited with me over my new toy!

Happy New Year everyone!
Launa

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 12:49am
post #17 of 18

That is GREAT!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

twinsmake5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsmake5 Posted 3 Jan 2009 , 11:09pm
post #18 of 18

I was going to post "What Cake Decorating Goodies did you get for Christmas?" before I saw this post. No need!

What a wonderful gift! I know ... I got one last year and it's a work horse! I love it.

This year he got me a Kopykake projector. He didn't order it online - he went down to the cake supply store in person and made his inquiries to learn more about it. They ordered it for me/him. I was in the cake store a day or two before Christmas and one of the young gals said, "Oh, I met your husb..." oops! No matter... for 3 days I had a grin on my face wondering what in the world he got for me down there! I also got a Viking food processor. He is so SWEET to me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%