1. Making Antonia's RI and grabbed gumtex can instead of meringue powder, thinking gee, this is dark looking!...instant warm water hit, I
knew. 5 tablespoons of gumtex turned into concrete.
2. While wasting $ throwing away gumtex, turned on oven to preheat. Oopsie...forgot I had put trays of gingerbread men in oven last night after baking and oven cooled...extra storage space. Didn't remember until I smell gingerbread baking....darn...men are now glops of arms and legs and heads...very humid today so they were soft to begin with. Throw away entire batch.
3. Get out plain sugar cookies to decorate. I didn't put enough water to thin RI and is hard to pipe. As soon as it dries, it cracks off the cookie. I knew that would happen....
4. Make oatmeal raisin cookies...can't find wheat germ. DH says he threw it away. Grrrrr. Looking for a substitute...find MOUSE droppings in pantry. Argh!
5. I cleaned up kitchen, told hubby about mouse, told him to get the critter, didn't care if he used a gun, and went to the bedroom and took a valium. Best thing I did all day.
Sounds like the valium was a good idea. I hate it when those days happen.