Just Wanted To Wish You All A Very Merry Christmas!

Lounge By yankeegal Updated 31 Dec 2008 , 7:25pm by dragonflydreams

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 45

Or whatever holiday you celebrate!
Here in the NE we just experienced a pretty bad ice storm. We lost our power for 6 days. I am about a week behind now in my orders and am "ready to jump off of the ledge" but it could be worse. Some people are still without their power- icon_eek.gif Day8!

I belong to a couple of boards and I have to say that this one is my favorite! I have had the absolute privledge of getting to know some of the most talented, nicest people here and am so grateful for all of the support you have shown me! Best wishes this holiday season and in the year to come!

44 replies
Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 45

Jodi,
Thanks so much! Merry Christmas to you and your family too. Sorry to hear about your black out. We were out for only one day and I was going crazy. I can't imagine the people that are STILL out. And with this snow storm going on too. I agree with you. I too am very fond of this forum and I am so happy I found you all. Happy Holidays to all!!

Fondly,

Susan

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 45

Let me 'chime' in on the happy holiday wishes. Love this place! Wishing myself a snow storm (with electricity) maybe so I couldn't get to my real job, and could concentrate on my cookie hobby icon_smile.gif
HAPPY HOLLIDAYS TO ALL!
Hey, Peeverly, what's with that name, anyway icon_wink.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 45

Happy Chanukah!

Peeverly Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 45

Hey Shiney, I know, doesn't it sound almost obscene??? It was a nickname for my brother who died suddently 12 years ago at age 29 (we - meaning my two brothers and me have a deadly heart arrythmia where we drop dead - no kidding both my brother and I have defibrillators now that Steverly Peeverly died). I know it is sooooo weird and Stephen hated it but I thought it was cute and being as immature as I am I couldn't stop calling him that!!! He was really funny so he took it in stride - even as an adult. That's the story. Don't feel bad, please because he was a gift and nothing lasts forever!!! I don't want to hijack Yankee's thread with the peeverly story. Let's all continue with the holiday greetings to all our very important friends here on cc. Love you guys!!!!!

shiney Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 45

I don't want anyone to take my comment to peeverly as rude. I know she was not offended by that from some previous excange. I said it very lovingly!
Peeverly: Cool story! I'm the last one to say someone has a silly name! icon_smile.gif

To continue with the thread, your story helps remind us all this holiday season to be thankful for what and who we have. Thanks for sharing!! Let us all count our blessings this holiday season!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 11:31pm
post #7 of 45

Cherry Mistmas and a Yappy Hew Near!!!

(now see what happens when you eat too many rum soaked cake balls or rum balls or whiskey balls or..........)

and this one is courtesy of one of my students -- found it on the board today:

Happy Christmahannukwanzica!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 45

Chiming in a Merry Christmas from Southern Alabama!!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 11:47pm
post #9 of 45

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 11:57pm
post #10 of 45

I want to join in to wish everyone Happy Holidays! I truly feel fortunate to have found this year this little group of friends who have been so supportive and kind. I wish you all the very best in the New Year and yankeegal, I hope you get power back soon! If I were closer, I would give you a hand rolling out dough when it kicked back in!

Best to you all and again, happy, happy holidays! icon_biggrin.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:06am
post #11 of 45

Happy Holidays from East Texas!

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:08am
post #12 of 45

happy holiday everyone.... keep up the good work in here all of you have help me alot...i have learn from all of you ...thank you soooooooooooo much..

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:14am
post #13 of 45

Happy Holidays from snow covered NY

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:26am
post #14 of 45

Happy Holidays to everyone! I've really enjoyed being a part of this board for the past few months and am excited to keep learning from all of you.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:56am
post #15 of 45

Happy Holidays to all of you, and thanks so much for all of the great decorating advice. I love this site, and it is more than a bit addictive.

To you all up in the NE, I feel for you, but I do miss the snow. While it was 71F and a bit humid here today, "Let It Snow" came on the car radio and I was quite a bit nostalgic for the Long Island snow storms. Can't quite get myself in gear to prepare for Christmas when it's not frigid outside icon_smile.gif. I miss my kids being able to build their snowman & snow mountain and being snowed in for the day (with power). There really is something to be said for being in front of your fireplace and hearing the wind whipping outside. My older 2 got to do that, but my baby won't. Not complaining, I love NC, but will always miss certain things about home too. Anyway, hope you all get your power back soon - that I don't miss. Merry Christmas!!!!

riSHEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
riSHEL Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 1:24am
post #16 of 45

Merry Christmas & Happy Chanukah to all!(we celebrate both) from California.

A year ago I quit my job and became caregiver to my SIL with cancer. Her wish was to die at home. I cared for her till the very end. Since her loss, I, now without a job, needed to put energy into something other than my grief (we were close and SIL's for 24 yrs). I started baking, which has always been my stress release. Finding you ladies has been such a blessing. An empty nester, no more co-workers....I find myself alone A LOT. Reading the threads, looking at the pictures, getting inspired by your astounding artistry, has meant more to me than just a chick putzin' around in her kitchen. Thank you, Bless you, Merry Merry!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 1:29am
post #17 of 45

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thank you all for the loads of information, more than I could handle. Since it was a bad year hear you have been a great distraction & I've learned so much.

Here's hoping everyone has a HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

MERRY CHRISTMAS from central Alabama

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 1:30am
post #18 of 45

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope the desires of your heart are God's blessing to you this coming year!

sugabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugabear Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 1:52am
post #19 of 45

Happy Chriskwanzika to all! God's blessings in the coming year and may it be one in which we all expand on and keep learning our sugar skills. May health and happiness follow us throughout the coming year!

shiney Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 1:53am
post #20 of 45

riSHEL, what an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story. Looks like you've unleashed an amazing talent through your baking. Thank YOU for your input and beautiful creations.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 1:53am
post #21 of 45

Merry Christmas to all and happy baking next year!!!! party.gifparty.gifparty.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 1:57am
post #22 of 45

Merry Christmas ! I wish everyone a happy, healthy new year !

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 2:35am
post #23 of 45

Happy Holidays from the cold -38 degree Northern Canada!! Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 10:06am
post #24 of 45

It's such a joy to spend time with people who are passionate about cookies. I've learned so much and been inspired even more.

I hurt my back a few weeks ago and am still recovering... I won't be baking any cookies this season and it's heartbreaking. I'm trying my hand at candy -- very simple, Sesame Street level candy -- bark and stuff that can be dipped! One small request, please bake a dozen and think of me (I like Mexican Wedding, Chocolate Chip, Tropical Oatmeal and of course, decorated Sugar Cookies!

Have a wonderful holiday, everyone -- stay healthy and warm! icon_biggrin.gif

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 10:19am
post #25 of 45

Wishing all of u a very merry christmas & a happy new year 2009. I would also like to say thanks to one & all from this group. God bless

coopette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coopette Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 11:17am
post #26 of 45

THINK SNOW FOR MO !!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from Missouri. Thanks for being here for all us newbies.

NuttyNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NuttyNanny Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:19pm
post #27 of 45

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone on this site. Thanks to everyone that has given me great inspiration, helpful hints and guidance in my baking. I love this site!!!! May all of you be blessed in the new year.
Rebecca

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 12:22pm
post #28 of 45

Sending our over abundance of snow from Michigan to MO!

May everyone enjoy the goodies you made all year for everyone else and health and love to all!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Peeverly Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 3:55pm
post #29 of 45

I have tears in my eyes (my hubby thinks I'm nuts!) but really, it is sooooo great to hear how we've all inspired each other - especially through the tought times. I told my hubby that it would be unbelievable to have a get together somewhere in the US so we could all meet. He said, would that be safe? What did he think?? That some of us are cookie making psychos? What could happen? Someone stabs us with a royal icing piping bag with a 00 tip (the sharpest) or someone hits someone else over the head with a rolling pin or a hard block of fondant???
Ok, back to the greetings, Happy Hanukkah to all that celebrate it - it starts tomorrow at sunset. icon_smile.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 4:06pm
post #30 of 45

Happy Holidays to everyone........ from California.....

Terrylee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%