Two Questions For Wedding Cake, Please Help?

Decorating By Princess3 Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 9:00pm by Princess3

Princess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Princess3 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 4

I have a wedding cake to do for my SIL next weekend. She is using a crimson/wine colored theme. I am going to make a monogram initial on top of the cake that needs to be in this color. I have the no taste red but need to deepen it, does anyone know what to add? Secondly, I need to use very little royal icing for this monogram, does anyone have a small recipe?

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 4

Add a touch of blue....the darkest shade you have. &/or some deep lavender. If that doesn't do it, maybe even a tiny, teeny touch of black would help.

Oh and about the RI.......depends on how little you need & what you will do w/it. Sometimes if I'm just glueing something together I'll just moisten a bit of ps w/liquid. Other times I have 1/2'ed the ingredients.
I don't have my recipe handy or I'd tell you what amount to use....sorry.

gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 4

I use royal icing a lot but my tutor told us that if you dont have the ingredients in and you only want a small amount you can add cooled boiled water (sterile) to sugarpaste until you get it to piping consistency. I would colour the sugarpaste before adding water to ensure you don't make it too liquid.
Try it out prior to using on the cake though. thumbs_up.gif

Princess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Princess3 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 4

Thankyou gals! I just need a very little.. enough to make monogram initials for the top of the cake. To do half the recipe I have is still way too much. I suppose I will 1/4 the recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%