Display Cupcakes?

Baking By Erdica Updated 22 Dec 2008 , 1:26am by Erdica

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 6

Is there any way to make display cupcakes? Or any Styrofoam product out there that is like cupcake size.

5 replies
AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 4:30am
post #2 of 6

I did a search for dummy cupcakes on the internet. Here is one site that I found.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=629394

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 4:47am
post #3 of 6

I think you can also get a can of Great Foam from your hardware store and spray it into a cupcake liner that is in a muffin pan. It's like a foam insulation that sprays out of the can and expands into hard styrofoam type material.

Hope this helps!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 5:45am
post #4 of 6

Laugh all you want, but let me tell you what I found ..... !

I had a couple of cupcakes in my display case. I usually throw everything out on Monday and start over for the week, but for some reason, I neglected these two lonely little cupcakes in the corner. When I finally slapped myself in the face and said, "Get them outta there!", I picked them up and they were pretty ... well ... inedible! My grandson could have used them for football practice! icon_lol.gif

Anyway .... long story longer, these 2 cupcakes are sitting on a display stand ... icing and cake both are hard as a rock, but they look real, they look decorated, they look ok.

I would have thought they would have grown little green sprouts or attracted little 6-legged neighbors, but they haven't.

pretty weird!!! icon_eek.gif

I probably should really throw them out .... icon_redface.gif

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 20 Dec 2008 , 7:22am
post #5 of 6

I did a pile o' cuppies for a bridal show display, I used royal instead of buttercream, and some fondant. They dried hard as a rock and I still have them in the shop window. That was two months ago.

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 1:26am
post #6 of 6

Awesome ideas!!! Thanks!!! I'll look into all of them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%