Was I Not Supposed To Refrigerate The Nfsc Dough Overnight?

Decorating By ddaigle Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 10:40pm by indydebi

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 6

I made the dough last night, wrapped in plastic wrap and when I came hoime today, it is like a brick???

5 replies
Cupcakeluv24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 6

ddaigle, I am sure if you let it come back up to room temp. again it will be fine. Good luck.

Cupcake

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 6

its fine...just let it sit out til it softens up a bit.

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 6

I usually nuke mine in the micro for 15-20 sec. Once you start to roll it out a little it softens up quite a bit.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 6

THanks. I nuked it. I had a panic attack because it was the first time making NFSC. Next question: What made the dough all crackley when I was rolling it out. I had not added any flour yet...used a fresh wad. Even as I added some flour through the rolling out process, I never got rid of the cracks.....????????????

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah0418

I usually nuke mine in the micro for 15-20 sec. Once you start to roll it out a little it softens up quite a bit.

Same here. I keep a bunch in the my 'frig for days and days, breaking off just enough to make the few that I need that particular day. Nuke it, knead it and roll it out and you'll be fine. (I actually use a bench scraper to cut off a hunk of the dough to work with.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%