Twilight Cake

Decorating By foxworthbm Updated 23 Dec 2008 , 6:06pm by SugarBakerz

foxworthbm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxworthbm Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 12

So my sister is addicted to the Twilight series books and I wanted to make her a birthday cake themed around it. Any ideas?

11 replies
skeet1zp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skeet1zp Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 12

Here's an idea.

You could make a cake that looks like one of the books in the series. If she has a favorite book from the series, even better. Then you could use an edible image of her favorite book as the cover. Good luck.

AMartin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMartin Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 12

You could do the book idea.. that's a good one.. or you could try to replicate the book cover with fondant.. [I did a wicked cake. like the playbill.. that turned out pretty good..]
LL

m_t_arrington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_t_arrington Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 12

I did a Twilight cake...I just did a 3D apple with a bite taken out of it....and wrote "Bite Me" on the tray. I also made a wolf and a heart out of fondant and attatched them to a chain bracelet to set on the tray. (the bracelet is in the books.) The apple with a bite out of it with the words "Bite Me" is an image from Fan Club t-shirts.......HTH

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 12

My daughter is a Twilight freak and she says, "Robert Pattinson. He's hot." She has read the books four or five times each.

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 12

Here's a Twilight cake I did recently.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1290074

Let me know if I can help in any way. Good luck!

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 12

I really like dmich's cake, and here's the one i did:

http://littlebirdiebakery.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/twilight-cake/

My sister wanted a two tier, but only needed a small cake, so i did the top in a dummy icon_smile.gif the things you do for love! icon_rolleyes.gif

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:06pm
post #8 of 12

I agree with skeet1zp a book cake would be awesome! Just get a edible image of the book cover! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif
LL

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 22 Dec 2008 , 7:14am
post #9 of 12

i think the best would probably be the book! I am such a twilight nerd, I am definitely older then the target demo, but who cares?!?

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 5:53pm
post #10 of 12

I have a Twilight cake in my head, but I'm not sure how to make it. If anyone thinks they can do it, go for it. And share your techniques!
It is a cake board covered to look like a chess board (although, if you needed a bunch of cake, you could make it just a large square cake). On top are the chess pieces like on the front of Breaking Dawn, but they are BIG. Carved out of cakes (I'm thinking the 6" round for the base) and covered in fondant.
I'd draw and post a picture, but my drawing leaves much to be desired.
If you wanted to incorporate the other books, you could carve and apple and do fondant ribbon and a tulip out of gumpaste. Those ideas came from several on this site.

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:05pm
post #11 of 12

Here's the link for the one I did for my niece's birthday. I love that series!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1275811

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 23 Dec 2008 , 6:06pm
post #12 of 12

what about the "Team Cullen" family crest? I saw the movie last Friday and loved it, starting the reading series after Christmas. My 13 y/o niece is head over heels for this series. Her mom bought her a team cullen jersey for Christmas. Just a thought.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%