Finding Brush Embroidery Patterns

Decorating By mellormom Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 8:37pm by gales

mellormom Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 8

is there a website or anything that has those patterns? I searched here and on-line with no luck.
I love the one on the cover of Wedding Cakes and Chocolates volume 11! (It's in the ices magazine first page where the adds are. ) I will have to try and copy it myself I guess. Not sure it will come out with my drawing skills but you never know! icon_smile.gif
Jen...

7 replies
OhMyGanache Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 8

Coloring books are great to use. I use google images to find pics to use.

cupcakemkr Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 8

you can use flower cutters to imprint an outline and then trace or do a pattern transfer with toothpicks if your drawing skills are not what you want them to be.

tonedna Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 8

Anything that has a shape that you like you can make into brush embroidery, from cookie cutters to gumpaste cutters, to paper drawings..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

mellormom Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 8

I did the flower free hand and it didn't come out as bad as I thought it would. The flower will be posted in my pics soon. It was to big to attach here.
Thanks for all the responses!
Jen...

kakeladi Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 8

Any embroidery, tatting, or sewing patterns will work. Use ones that don't have a lot of detail to them.....just outlines work best.

mellormom Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 8

thanks!
Jen...

gales Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 8

I found some stained glass images that work
http://d21c.com/jccivil/stainedglass/calalily.gif

is one, and that should lead you on to a host more. Like kakeladi said, once you start looking you get inspiration from all over. I too thought like you to start with in brush embroidery that I needed tried and tested patterns, but you dont. Good luck, I just adore brush embroidery on cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%