Finding Brush Embroidery Patterns

Decorating By mellormom Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 8:37pm by gales

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 8

is there a website or anything that has those patterns? I searched here and on-line with no luck.
I love the one on the cover of Wedding Cakes and Chocolates volume 11! (It's in the ices magazine first page where the adds are. ) I will have to try and copy it myself I guess. Not sure it will come out with my drawing skills but you never know! icon_smile.gif
Jen...

7 replies
OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 8

Coloring books are great to use. I use google images to find pics to use.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 8

you can use flower cutters to imprint an outline and then trace or do a pattern transfer with toothpicks if your drawing skills are not what you want them to be.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 8

Anything that has a shape that you like you can make into brush embroidery, from cookie cutters to gumpaste cutters, to paper drawings..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

mellormom Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 8

I did the flower free hand and it didn't come out as bad as I thought it would. The flower will be posted in my pics soon. It was to big to attach here.
Thanks for all the responses!
Jen...

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 8

Any embroidery, tatting, or sewing patterns will work. Use ones that don't have a lot of detail to them.....just outlines work best.

mellormom Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 8

thanks!
Jen...

gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 8

I found some stained glass images that work
http://d21c.com/jccivil/stainedglass/calalily.gif

is one, and that should lead you on to a host more. Like kakeladi said, once you start looking you get inspiration from all over. I too thought like you to start with in brush embroidery that I needed tried and tested patterns, but you dont. Good luck, I just adore brush embroidery on cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%