Sudanese Themed Cake ?!??

Decorating By umabdurrahman Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 9:15am by umabdurrahman

umabdurrahman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umabdurrahman Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:47am
post #1 of 3

i was volunteered to make a sudanese themed cake for my son's 2nd grade international day festival at school. i don't mind the volunteered part but a sudanese themed cake?!? what am i supposed to make?? a map of sudan with little houses? i need some help here! icon_cry.gif

2 replies
tenlyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenlyk Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:19am
post #2 of 3

How about a map or the country flag. What exactly are they studing about the country? You could search sudanese art and make a cake out of your interpretation of it. You could do the landscape of the country (deserty in the north, tropical in the south) and ad pieces of the culture/history to it.

Hope this helps... good luck! I am sure it will be fabulous.

umabdurrahman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umabdurrahman Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 9:15am
post #3 of 3

i like the landscape idea icon_smile.gif well each class in the elementary grades decorates their classroom imitating their chosen country and then the students dress in the tradition clothes and they each have a short presentation or demonstration or something to do with their country and then the parents come that day and get a "passport" and we go around to each classroom "visiting" and learning about other countries. in addition, they put food out, well my husband after hearing that the teacher was having trouble find finger food type stuff to serve, he volunteers me to make a "sudanese" themed cake. sweet idea, but i have no clue, but the landscape is a good plan, thanks icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%