Help! Adoption Cake.

Decorating By smitakasargod Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 6:50pm by Wing-Ding

smitakasargod Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 11

My cousin just adopted a 5 year old girl. She's a single mom. I want to bake a special cake for them. My idea well is dry right now so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

10 replies
tenlyk Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:33am
post #2 of 11

This is tough because it could be anything. How about holding hands or something that shows a mothers love and happiness?

I would love to know what you come up with for this. I am sure it will be fabulous!

AZCakeGirl Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 7:37am
post #3 of 11

My sister is adopted & I've thought a lot about adopting a child myself. I'm not sure if you could incorporate this into a cake or not, but this has always been one of my favorite sayings for adopted children:

"I didn't grow in mommy's tummy but I grew in her heart!"

smitakasargod Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:55pm
post #4 of 11

Thank you Tenlyk.Yes it is a tough one. Still don't have a clue except maybe a mom and daughter holding hands or reading together or something.
AZCakeGirl... It's a beautiful saying. Thank you for sharing.

Wing-Ding Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 11

I don't know the circumstances of the adoption, but I'm on the opposite end. I'm a birth mother. We had an open adoption and the parents showed me a cake that they had created when my daughter was brought home with them. It had my favorite flower along with their favorite flowers bordering it and it said in the middle "A kind selfless heart brought us together." She said it was to tribute my decision and the fact that they have her. It was a beautiful cake!

LetThereBeCake07 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 11

Heat shaped cake, pink, girly, say something like...

Children are a gift from God

There is also an adoption poem, maybe you can google it and then use a line or two on the cake.

Me + You = family
(or use names)

go to the card store and snag a saying from hallmark

bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 11

Anything with a Welcome kind of message. The child is being welcomed into a home and being given a new life, the mom is welcoming a child into her life, you get the picture.

AZCakeGirl Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 11

Ohhh....I love Wing-Ding's cake suggestion!

cakesbymindysue Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:31pm
post #9 of 11

You could also make it like you would a baby shower cake. Just a simple "Welcome home, name" or "Welcome to the family, name."

Shelle_75 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 5:55pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbymindysue

You could also make it like you would a baby shower cake. Just a simple "Welcome home, name" or "Welcome to the family, name."

I like this idea, with maybe a mommy and baby bear or duckie or some other cute animals.

Wing-Ding Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 6:50pm
post #11 of 11

Any type of baby animals are great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%