Yikes! Maraschino Cherries Help Please!!

Decorating By GI Updated 19 Dec 2008 , 9:31pm by GI

GI Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:08am
post #1 of 7

Do maraschino cherries need to be kept in the fridge overnight?

I have 30 ice-cream cone cupcakes that are baked, decorated, and ready to go to customer RIGHT NOW and I want to put the maraschino cherries on them NOW.

Cuppies will get ate at 11AM tomorrow!

thanks icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Cookie4 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:23am
post #2 of 7

I hope you dried the cherries with a paper towel real well. Personally, I wouldn't place them onto the cupcakes until morning. The moisture from them will seep into the icing and possibly make a 'small' mess on top. I vote for morning placement. Good luck!

kelleym Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:23am
post #3 of 7

No...those things are so pumped full of sugar and chemicals that they'll probably last until next Christmas. icon_smile.gif

bethola Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 3:28am
post #4 of 7

I agree with Cookie4. When my cousin and I make candy with them the sugar just ooozes out even rinsed and dried sometimes. Think Chocolate Covered Cherries. It wouldn't hurt for them to be left out overnight, but, it might make your cupcakes look messy.

Beth in KY

liapsim Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 4:01am
post #5 of 7

I'm with not putting them on until morning. And definitely make sure you dry them off...they hold a lot of juice and make your stuff a little red.....good luck!

Mike1394 Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 10:25am
post #6 of 7

They'll be fine. The only concern would be that the M cherry fairies would eat them all up while they are left out. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

GI Posted 19 Dec 2008 , 9:31pm
post #7 of 7

Hey thanks everyone! (Internet issues, ack!)

I DID put them on the night before. Left the cone-cuppies in a cool room overnight, the M cherries did NOT bleed or weep at all! icon_biggrin.gif I had layed them on multiple paper towels to soak up the extra moisture before putting them on...just checked w/cust. and no "messy bleeding thru" at all! icon_biggrin.gif Kids loved them!

Heh heh, Mike, no Maraschino Cherry Faires in the night. icon_wink.gif (they are being good cuz Santa is coming.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%